My new computer..

Big thanks to Nick Sgambelluri (AMD IS BEST) for building it and helping me setup just about everything on it. I wanted to build a computer for video/picture editing (and to play The Sims 3 on) and didn’t wanna go through the hassle of having everything on my laptop, even though I now found out it should’ve been more than capable of it lol.

Parts:
–Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower
–GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
–AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ955FBGIBOX
–Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
–mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996601… I got two, so 8GB total.
–MSI N285GTX-T2D1G-OC GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
–ZALMAN CNPS9900LED 120mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
–LG Black Super Multi Blu-ray Disc Burner & HD DVD-ROM Drive SATA Model GGW-H20L
–Microsoft Black USB 2.4 GHz Wireless Desktop 3000 Keyboard

I have it all running on Vista 64-bit. I’m using my Sony Bravia 46" 1080p 120Hz TV as the monitor for now since I don’t have a computer desk. Once I move out, I’ll buy a desk and a good HD monitor. Everything works great so far, and I’ve uploaded all of the videos that have been taken on my camcorder, so I just need to convert the files and upload them to YouTube or Streetfire soon.

Nice, looks like a solid setup you have there.

good to hear cossey, the cpu is a great one and the 285 is a great single gpu card for gaming and im sure video editing as well…

love the setup, would of got different ram but hey its whatever, awesome setup congrats !

oh and those harddrives, i picked one up for my self last week, the recent 4 computers i put together in the last 1 week have all used these hard drives, they are the 90 dollar ones or w/e right ? they must be selling a TON of these seagates !

I didn’t look much into the different brands of ram, but this works fine for me. The comp is ultra fast (to me) and handles anything I throw at it. In one of the test programs Nick has, during one of their graphics intensive stages, the CPU only got to 82*F so it’s definitely staying cool as well. I mainly bought the hard drive because it said ‘barracuda.’ No lie.

Ha ha glad it worked out for the videos dude

yea the harddrive seems to be a really popular, nothing against muskin at all, and its not aq bad selection i just would of done something different but thats fine anyways

just keep it clean and dont be putting bs on the pc cuz it will slow down :lol

i configured a 12gb dell today was the slowest shit ever

Nice processor, AMD FTW!

Hard drives are pretty cheap now and If your going to be saving a good amount of raw HD video you might want to pick up another TB.

i have and old slow single core, 3200+ AMD :cry

Shoulda got a Dell.

yea they all moving to solid state :smiley:

My build should be next, depending how well yours will handle video editing I will base my decision off that.

thats fine, check my pc next week with video editing baby :slight_smile:

my mobo came today, 1 day after i ordered it , free shipping, wtf newegg sneaking up on me !

Chris, play me in Fear2 multiplayer

Nick knows his stuff. He helped me build my computer a few years ago.

Glad everything is working good for ya cossey.

Thanks Jay!