my new job

So i recently got hired with Hershey’s as a sales rep. only part time for now ($12/hr, mileage, and limited expense account) because i dont graduate till december, but when i do i get bumped up to full time pretty much automatically. full time is generous plus a car (impala or subaru outback) insurance, gas, expense account, the works. plus they have a bitchin 401k (they match 75% of my contribution up to 15% of my paycheck.) i work on my own so i dont really have a boss, i work whenever i feel like it as long as i hit my hours for the week.

basically all i do is go store to store and check their inventory, pull out of date items, and help them place orders. occasionally i will try and sell them something they dont currently stock, or sell promotional/limited edition stuff (ie. those huge back to school and halloween crates you see at like target and walmart.) the job itself is fairly easy, just a lot of driving, paperwork, and analyizing sales sheets and store numbers and such.

FYI, the following items are all Hershey’s products:
ice breakers gums and mints, bubble yum, hershey’s chocolate, reese’s, kit kat, york peppermint patties, almond joy, mounds, skor, heath, whatchamacallit, payday, 5th ave, cadbury, mr goodbar, krackel, take 5, zagnut, zero, good n plenty, whoppers, milk duds, mauna loa nuts, rolo, twizzlers, jolly ranchers

oh yeah, and i am constantly getting samples consisting of fairly new items that havent had much exposure yet, to things that arent even on the shevles. 1 shipment of many that ive recieved this month consists of 5 boxes of gums and mints totalling 140lbs with a retail value of a lot. pics coming when i get home from class tonight.

can i have some free gum?

congrats on the job also.

id love to work for a candy company.

word…i want some gum too steve

in for free shit.

only some of it is for me :snky: most of it is for stores.

sounds sweet

Do you get a dental plan?

Is it local?

dibs on dark chocolate

haha, dental…not sure. i havent gotten much paperwork yet on the health insurance. my part time gig is local, but i may be relocated when i graduate depending on where theres an open position. relocating is sweet though because they give you a ~15% pay raise plus a healthy cash bonus (~$7k if you rent an apartment, up to $25k if you own a home.) plus they will buy your house for fair market value if you cant sell it in time to move.

nice matching on that 401

GIMMIE TWIZZLERS

Quite nice there.

[quote=“Toda Party,post:9,topic:34585"”]

GIMMIE TWIZZLERS

[/quote]

nice thats what i noticed also

Here’s a little life tip for you since you’re starting the real world: Don’t go around telling everyone how much you make.

congrats on the new gig. how far will you have to travel?

OT:

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:7,topic:34585"”]

dibs on dark chocolate

[/quote]

You know they used to call me dark chocolate… give me a pm.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:12,topic:34585"”]

Here’s a little life tip for you since you’re starting the real world: Don’t go around telling everyone how much you make.

[/quote]

^^^^^

i could care less if people know i make $12/hr. as far as FT salary, considering it could go up or down depending on a lot of variables, it doesnt need to be a secret. its a ballpark number and im sure anyone who is curious could find out what a sales rep makes.

That sounds like a pretty good gig. I hope they have a great dental plan if you are eating candy all the time.

[quote=“Toda Party,post:9,topic:34585"”]

[/quote]

yeah no shit :tup: wish my company did that

congrats on the job

You must use your powers to make Cadbury eggs available year round. Fuck that easter only shit. Congrats on the job!

wow, congrats. sounds like an awesome job. what do you have a degree in?

I got a super secret candy bar yesterday from Steve-O YAY!!!