my new toy- 99 trans am

just some inspiration for me to look back on :slight_smile:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/drag-racing-tech/275521d1295799389-some-have-asked-so-here-goes-jl-ws-6s-rebuild-wheelie4.jpg

Not happening

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Pretty much.

because all of you have seen my car, know my plans for it long term, etc… it may never happen, who knows, but it definitely wont happen if i dont make it somewhat of a goal at some point… haters

:slight_smile:

its really not hard to make a auto f-body do that now. All you need is the right cam setup, converter, gear, rear end and nitrous setup and your there.

He is , I’m installing next week !!! All new susp , no2 , converter etc …

i know this, but k20beaner and the rest apparently dont… that car is badass and probably way beyond what i will ever do with mine since i prefer street cars, but it’s fun to dream and look

build thread: http://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/1377011-some-have-asked-so-here-goes-jl-ws-6s-rebuild.html

last page shows the business and where he is going with the car… pretty sure the above pic was taken at LVD too if i read his post right

is it lebanon.

Yeah it is , that’s screaminredz,s friend . Car is nasty

Gonna take a huge shot to make that thing hang the fronts 3 feet off the ground.

Yeah? How much air did you get on a 150 shot? Ive seen quite a few manual Fbodys do it also with the right turbo/blower.

I never once sprayed it out of the hole. I never once actually sprayed at the track in 1st gear.

Found a local car down here in NC that I want so freaking bad… UGGGGHHHHHH, this is SO much car for the money!!!

This car started life as a 1998 Camaro SS. It was bought new in Texas as a SSR car, which is about the same as a Hendrick SS from here. I’m the 3rd owner. The first 2 were father and son. The engine is an HKE 408 iron block. The trans was updated with all the goodies except the viper input shaft and it has a SPEC 3+ clutch. Steel Nitrous driveshaft with 1350 u-joints. The rear axle is a fully built 9 inch with 35 spline axles, 3.70 gear and a Detroit Locker. The car rides on factory Z06 wheels. The motor is 11-1, fully forged and was built to take up to a 600 shot. It currently is running a 200 shot and puts down 748/814. It can easily handle more but the trans would be the weak link at that point. It has everything you need to roll. The nitrous system is a complete kit from Nitrous Outlet. It uses a custom made 95mm plate. The nitrous kit has a stand alone fuel system, window switch, purge and a dual bottle setup. The bottle blankets are wired but not installed. The engine has a ported fast 92, 95mm t-body, raised valve covers, custom 650I 650E 250I 258E cam, ls7 lifters and rockers, Tony Mamo ported AFR225’s, Callies crank and rods, Diamond pistons, tool steel pins, ARP everything. The entire driveline has less than 2500 miles on it. The AC blows cold, and all power accesories work including cruise control and power steering. It has a line lock, electronic cutouts, Kooks headers, Mayhem built true dual exhast, cross drilled rotors with hawk pads, adjustable Tokico shocks, lower control arms, Chrome moly Spohn torque arm, Spohn panhard bar, Wolfe 6pt moly roll bar, pro 5.0 shifter, trunk mounted battery(Red top Optima), Harlan shift light, coil relocation kit, guage pod with 3 guages, manual fan control and more. I spent 6K with Mayhem last year to get everything right on the car and they also tuned it. It has some 14 year old car issues but overall everything is not bad. Could use new window motors and a good interior cleaning. The carpet is in bad shape. Paint is all original except the hood of course. The car can be driven daily. What it really needs is a turbo 400. It would roll with a trans change. I’m asking 15.5k. There is well over 20k in the driveline alone. I have some extras to go with it which include a set of 15x10-15x4 Prostars with lugs, misc nitrous stuff, extra coils, etc.

so buy it. Its only a payment!

Does me no good to buy it right now. I already have 1 f-body i won’t be driving for several months…

Well, to update this thread, this has turned into a full build for those who don’t already know. I am currently looking into various forged motor combos ranging from 346-408 c.i., big TrickFlow heads, etc topped off with a Tony Mamo ported FAST 90 intake, Nick Williams 90mm tb, and Delphi 42lb injectors (which might need to be upgraded…) Within the next month or 2, I’ll also be ordering a full tubular front suspension setup including upper and lower a-arms, a 3.90 gear MWC Fab9 or Moser 9" rear with custom torque arm and drive shaft. Trans will be a built 4l80e. Wheels, I’m planning on CCW SP20a’s in 18x9.5 fronts and 18x11 rears to fit over the 2011 CTS-V brakes that I picked up from BoxerSix. For tires, I’m thinking Nitto Invos up front and NT05r’s in the back. Nitrous duty is being taken care of with a Nitrous Outlet 90mm plate kit and fuel delivery will come from a Walbro 400 in the tank.

With all the hard parts, I’m hoping for 500+ at the rear wheels on motor and knocking on 700 on the bottle.

I think that covers everything… at least that’s all I can think of right now. Kinda just wanted to get a list out there and collect my thoughts.

HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to John (THE meatpawzzz) who is bolting everything together and storing my car for me in the meantime. I know this build kinda snowballed from what he and I originally talked about and I can’t thank him enough for not telling me to fuck off and come get my shit. When it comes to leaving my baby with someone, I couldn’t ask for a better person and friend. Real life +fuckingrep man. You have no idea how much I appreciate all of this.

I can’t wait for it all to come together. I think it’s truly going to turn out to be one absolutely badass street car- at least I hope so.

annnnd people wonder why daves eclipse went from a stock AWD swap to 90% of the car was replaced part by part over a year! LOL

Its a sickness. When you buy the right platform and there is millions of combinations for parts and choices, your mind wonders and more shit comes off the car!

Your car is going to be sick man! Awesome parts list, cant go wrong with any of that!

You’re absolutely right Mike. Thanks for the compliments, we’ll see how it turns out when it’s finished. :slight_smile: