My new Z

I had it at the track 2 weeks ago to get a baseline run in and it acttually suprised me and ran a 13.897 @100mph flat. and traction was a bit of a issue… but I was presently surprised for a totally stock car… O except for a greddy pop charger.

nice choice man. Car looks very clean. I like the interior. Black leather :slight_smile:

Hows she run? The rims r sick man.

car was awesome… only has 47k miles on it. Even the AC blows Nice and cold…

theres a few lil Minor fixes on the car… but its all cosmetic.

Nice Z spoolin. Hope to see you at Z Fest.

hey with some traction assistance you can crack the HIGH 11s without issue on boltons.

the mph on the track is where you see the power of the car.

there’s another guy claiming to make alot of power out of a z but he only trapped 107 on the dragstrip so you can kinda tell it’s below 400hp.

I’ll give you the run through of mine.

when i bought it stock but had the kakimoto catback and blitz intake 2 weeks after getting it (learning the rhd aswell) 14.0 @102mph

went back with boost jets and ecu with a slipping stock clutch 14.0 @105

did downpipes and testpipes, cluthc flywheel, intercooler, pullies 13.2 @ 107 with 2.5 or 2.6 second 60 foots no traction.

did boost controller, driveshaft, apexi neo, changed to the hks catback since its dual. went to the dyno since any management is pointless if you dont get it tuned. Well first i compression tested the car to find that cylinder #2 is at 110psi compression vs 155-165 psi for the other 5 cylinders. still went to the dyno, did 374whp and 405 ftlbs of torque at 13psi after tuning with the neo (363whp before tune). thats with bad cylinder and both turbos smoking like crazy but still boosting (they wont hold much beyond 13psi though they need to be replaced). went back to the track with drag radials int he trunk but never installed them because my new clutch slipped between shifts so I got slower lol and did 13.7 @109mph didnt bother with the drag radials since my clutch would just slip worse.

so next week the disc is being swapped out for the new 6 puck disc and we’ll go back again, I’m out for 11.9999999 out of my stock setup before the big boy setup goes in.

but yes you can hit 11s without doing a build and big turbos for sure, just need so drag radials without a doubt. my car if the clutch doesnt slip is capable of 12s on street tires, but given my 60foots the drag radials wouldhelp out big time

and if you’re going to z fest as John mentioned this sunday, see you there. Not sure if I’ll have my car back out since I’m waiting on some parts to come in before I put it back together.

Also we have Z con coming up, which AMS is a sponsor of aswell. That from sept 28th - oct 3rd (I believe it’s the 3rd) in cleveland

Yup good numbers are soooo close… I went to the track on friday at Sparta and my best run was a Impressive 13.0012 @110.43 On the street tires and only 13psi boost. with a slipping clutch in 2nd… but my best 60 foot was 2.1780 and I did 5 runs… all were with in half a second Other then one where i missed a shift to second But somhow had a trap speed of 113mph and a time of 13.645 lol… The car had no traction so If i had some really sticky tires It would definitly be a 12 sec car lol…

The mods list includes Boost jets JWT 96 Ecu… (no VVT for me :frowning: boo) HKS hi power cat back, Z1 2.4" down pipes, Z1 2.4" test pipes and Z1 side mounts with Z1 piping, HKS bovs. Greddy pop charger. thats it for the engine… But Its also a real healty engine It now just has 51k miles on the car… But 11s are def in my future with the car as im doing turbo, injectors and fuel rail upgrades over the winter… even a set of drag radials will prolly be on the list for next year… But take a look at my other post with the New Pics I took today… I should have posted them here But i forgot about this post till now… oooowellll