My Passanger Power window decided to stop working...

Well 2 days ago my window worked like a champ. This weekend i had to spray pneumonia on the gass to remove the old shitty purple tint, I did that friday, worked fine on saturday night. Today i get in the car, its sunny, nice out and i wanted to roll with the windows down. Well my window didnt agree with me and decided to stay up.

When the switch is pressed there is no noises, the motor isnt even turning on.

How should I go about fixing this?

Thanks

1. Take off the door panel.
  2. Disconnect the harness that connects the motor
  3. Stick a volt meter across the harness and see if the switches are giving voltage to the window motor.

If yes, your motor is busted. I have one for sale!
If no … report back to us

I know this suggestion might make you look stupid but it’s the only thing
I can think of other then getting all mechanical:

You sure you didn’t lock the window? There is a button on the driver side
door that locks the passenger window.

Probably 80% chance that this is the problem.
If the motor was gone, im sure you’d still be able to hear the clicking from the regulator. If the regulator is gone, it should still click.
Only time i recall the window not clicking is if the car is off, or the pass side window lock is engaged.,

If the window is locked shouldnt i be able to open it from the drivers side regardless though?

nope
it locks all buttons

Im going to go check that now, but my drivers side goes down… :shock:

it only locks the passenger im pretty sure

alright i feel like the biggest noob EVER. Ya the lock was on :oops:

:slap:

http://www.ziptied.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_owned.gif

You didn’t have to tell me you’re a noob, I knew just by reading the first line of your post.

I wasn’t aware pneumonia was available in a sprayable liquid form. LOL

Scott how did the pneumonia (I think you mean Amonia) but how did it work on taking the tint glue off?

yes yes the Amonia worked well, sorry ive been up for almost 2 days straight lol.

What you have to do is spray the entire glass, cover the glass with a plastic bag and let it sit in the sun for an hour, and it will peel right off adhesive and all.

Bah thanks for telling me this now…

3 Hours, 2L of Acetone, 12 J-Towels, 2 Dried to Fcuk Hands and a
Serious headache from the fumes finally got all that freekin Glue off…

HAHAHAHA… that’s quiete funny!! :lol:

How good does the amonia work to take off the tint? Does it leave any marks, streaks, or residue behind?

HAHAHAHA… that’s quiete funny!! :lol:

How good does the amonia work to take off the tint? Does it leave any marks, streaks, or residue behind?[/quote]

I think it works well on clearing his mind!

No it leaves no streaks and wont damage anything but you need a razor and some sort of acetone to get the stuff off that the bag dosent cover. Its a huge pain in the ass and takes a very long time. And you have the be really carefull on the back so you dont cut a defroster line. It will take off 95% of the adhesive, but you will need to wipe the window off with amonia after the tint is off, and then wash it with soapy water to get all of it off.