power windows

my driver side power window doesn’t work. there’s a little black box whenn i took the panel off. i think that’s the regulator. it makes a clicking sound when i press the p.w botton. i don’t think it’s the motor because it was working fine and moving up and down freely until one day it just stop working. i bought the car second hand and the previous owner told me it happen before and all he did was tap that black box with a screwdriver and the clicking stop and the windows worked again. i’ve already tried doing the same thing but it’s still not working. can someone please help me out.

thanks in advance

The black box is the power window amp.
The regulator is the assembly with the tracks that acutally lets the window go up and down.

The black box SHOULD tick when you press a button, it’s the relays closing contacts and completing the circut for the motors.

Sounds like your motor is shot.
Try tapping the MOTOR with a screwdriver and make sure it’s plugged in.

If that doesn’t work check if you are getting voltage at the motor harness when you use the switch, and try hooking the motor up to a 12V source. That will tell you where the problem is.

If you need a new motor I can sell you one.

thanks a lot for the advice. i’ll try that and i’ll let you know if it works or not. if not than i’ll take the motor off your hands

thx