my rant about tv seasons.

this is getting annoying, what happened to having actual seasons? i’m currently watching the southland season finale, it is the 6th episode of the season, how to make it in america season finale was last night, 8 episodes. it seems that this is the way with so many shows, what happened to season lasting ~20 episodes. i hate watching a show for 2 months and then having to wait another 10 months before i can see the next season. shows need to go back to having real seasons. at least they are having a new season of white collar this summer instead of waiting till next spring for it.

/rant.

I agree.

Why did LOST move to Tuesday? RAWR RAGE

I always miss it, I was used to it being on Wednesday.

dvr. i miss nothing…i also watch a lot more shows now.

oh and then there are things i just download :lol

Yea I will have to wait till I can DL the whole season, seeing as I already missed half of it.

I don’t have cable anymore.

Don’t even miss it.

However this point applies to Top Gear seasons which get smaller and smaller every year!

top gear seasons (series as they call them) of the current run have been similar in length, and they air in both spring and fall so for one year they have a decent amount of episodes. i’m ok with that occurring but when you have 2 months on and 10 months off, it’s just annoying.

They used to be ~12 episodes or more a season, last season I believe they stopped at 8.

totally agree!!! i purposely skipped the last few episodes of southland this season because i missed the first 3. I have season 1 on dvd, ill wait til this one comes out and go get it. Great show. I also miss the shield, never should have ended that show. I have all 7 seasons on dvd. Another show is Rescue Me, i also have every season on dvd and they waited a full 14 months until finally coming out with the new season this june!!! when your obsessed with a show thats far too long.

AND yes each season is WAY to short. Another show called the Commish with michael chiklis (vic mackey from the sheild) back in late 80’s early 90’s had 43 episodes in season 2!! come on why isnt it still like that?

The Office=25 episodes! Granted they’re spread out like crazy. 30 Rock I believe is 20+ too, Parks and Rec I’m not sure about. Those are the only 3 shows I EVER watch on TV besides The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart or the Colbert Report.

What a lot of channels have been doing is instead of having the series go through a season, then wait til next year at the same time, they’re having a shorter season every winter/summer or spring/fall. I like it better really.

A lot of shows have been taking several week breaks in seasons too. That pisses me off.

Rescue Me FTW!!!

FUCK YEAH, probably one of the best shows on television ever IMO. I LOVE rescue me. I think ive seen every episode 5+ times.

lol. i don’t think i’ve watched it THAT much. LOL but i have seen most / all of em once.

yeah i have a mild sickness/obsession with rescue me and the sheild. FX puts out some good shit. They’re new show Justified is pretty good as well.

As is Sons of Anarchy

1 10 20 October 2002 - 29 December 2002
2 10 11 May 2003 - 20 July 2003
3 9 26 October 2003 - 28 December 2003
4 10 9 May 2004 - 1 August 2004
5 9 24 October 2004 - 26 December 2004
6 11 22 May 2005 - 7 August 2005
7 6 13 November 2005 - 31 December 2005
8 8 7 May 2006 - 30 July 2006
9 6 28 January 2007 - 4 March 2007
10 10 7 October 2007 - 23 December 2007
11 6 22 June 2008 - 27 July 2008
12 8 2 November 2008 - 28 December 2008
13 7 21 June 2009 - 2 August 2009
14 7 15 November 2009 - 3 January 2010

only one series has lasted more then 10 episodes. a little bit shorter now, but not by huge amounts and we also get two series a year, so we get around 14 episodes a year, which is a lot better then 6 like southland.

yeah im a little confused about the Southland season. i like that show alot, and every show gets better. then its the season finale. its stupid

the only possible reasoning i can see for it is that tnt picked it up and re-aired the entire first season and then started with the second season, but it’s not like they had to make the first season, so they still could of made the second season longer.

i cant wait for new episodes. that show is awesome. i wonder if men of a certain age is coming back. i liked that show as well