My S13 Coupe + Extra Built SR20

cross posting this INTEREST CHECK from SON since there were a couple NYspeeders that expressed some interest earlier in the year.

As it stands i’m planning on storing both of my 240sx’s for the winter.

However, it has occured to me that i should put the coupe to market and see what it will bear.

As a whole package: Car, both motors, including the CCW’s and all the extras we’re talking $1X,000 for sure in the teens… however, i don’t expect that to happen.

I am willing to sell the built block separately and i am willing to KEEP some things off the coupe if you want to make it more affordable (AEM, CCW’s, GTR Seats etc.) but WILL NOT PART anything off the car. If no one wants it i will simply race it again next year.

It is currently licensed, insured and driven sparingly.

Alot of guys are trying to build something like this… It goes without saying that it is cheaper to buy something already built and change up a few things afterwards.

http://www.bings.ca/images/bings%20cars/OS%20summer%20end/OS%20summer%20end%20(7).jpg

http://www.bings.ca/images/bings%20cars/OS%20summer%20end/OS%20summer%20end%20(6).jpg

[quote=“mod list”"]

1991 Nissan 240sx coupe

• 5spd, HUD, all power, moon-roof
  • Painted Subaru WR Blue (paint code 02C)
    S13 SR20DET blacktops (both)

Fully reharnessed

Car was aligned, height-adjusted and corner-balanced by Can-alignment and runs full-time on track alignment… drives to and from the track without issue.

Inside: Current motor

Apexi HG seal sprayed
ARP headstuds

HKS Step 1 Cams

• 256 intake
  • 264 exhuast
    Otherwise internally stock

324whp @ 14psi

Outside:

K&N big intake kit
Garrett GT2817R .64 a/r turbo charger (freshly resealed from Precision Turbo)
Taka turbo lines

Stainless gaskets

• Block to Manifold
  • Manifold to turbo
  • Turbo to elbow
    Stainless manifold – heat wrapped

ARP manifold studs x 9 (turbo to manifold, turbo to elbow)
Stainless 3” turbo extension’
Stainless 3” downpipe
Stainless 3” resonated testpipe
Reinhard Semi-titanium catback (the best you can buy)
Greddy VSPL FMIC kit
Polished 2.25” hotpipe
Greddy Type-S bov (the real deal and still chirps)
Deatchwerks 650cc injectors (discontinued)
Chromed SR20DET intake manifold
Polished valve cover
Splitfire coilpacks
BKR6E plugs
Koyo radiator
Samco hoses
SARD water temp bung
Nismo engine and tranny mounts
ACT stage 3 sprung street strip clutch
Unknown lightened flywheel, 11lbs approx, balanced.
Bings cooling panel
Walbro high-flow fuel pump
Bings Shortshifter
Oil Catch Can
Polished aluminum pullies
Polished valve cover
Bings coolant overflow reservoir
Bings billet oil cap
Bings vented coil pack cover
Battery relocated to trunk
Lots of stainless braided heater hose lines
All worm-gear clamps replaced with T-bolt clamps, all couplers are 4-ply silicone. Couplers in and around the turbo are re-enforced silicone.

Electronics:
AEM EMS with Map sensor
Apexi AVC-R Boost controller (installed, but not hooked up, wire frayed on solenoid so I removed it)
AEM Uego wideband
DEFI gauges (boost, water temp, oil pressure)
DEFI link controller

Footwork:

Z32 TT 30mm calipers - aluminum
Hawk HP+ pads front and rear
Z32 BMC
Z32 rear brake conversion + functioning e-brake and all new gear inside)
Brembo rotors – blanks – front
Zinc coated, slotted rotors - rear
NON-ABS
Teflon coated stainless conversion lines front and rear
STANCE GR+ 8/6
DC sports front and rear non-adjustable strut bars
Bings spin turn knob
Bings Tension Control Rods
Bings adjustable rear upper control arms
Bings adjustable toe arms
Bings adjustable Traction arms
Bings full aluminum subframe spacers
Bings Rear cross brace
Tein Inner Tie rods
S14 spec Outer tie rods
Subframe removed, sand blasted, painted in hot pink and then clear coated
SPL rear multi-link bushings x 6 ($75 each)
ATS carbon 1.5 way differential in S14 housing with Nismo diff bushings

Attain 5 lug hubs front

• ARP extended studs ½ x 20 pattern
    R32 skyline rear 5 lug hubs with new OEM bearings

• ARP extended studs 12 x 1.5 pattern
    Front - Custom 30mm Bings adapters, hub-centric to hub and wheel

Rear – 10mm spacers (Bings)
CCW Classic
17 x 9.5 front
17 x 10.5 rear
RT615 front 245/45/17
FK452 275/40/17

Aero

Bings aero lip
180sx type sideskirts (not on car at present)
Bings silvia rear valances (not on car at present)
Bings aero-wangan wing (flat black)
Chuki amber/clear signals
USDM grilles
Red / clear tails, spray tinted
Rolled and pulled rear fenders

Interior:

Skyline GTR seats
OEM Heads up display
Stereo removed

Chassis Condition:

There are no holes anywhere along the frame of the car or in the floor of the car.

The paint around the sunroof is bubbling but there is no rust popping through yet.

In the driver side wheel well where the hardline pops through the body of the car the hole is expanded from corrosion (brake fluid leak at some point). This is the only hole anywhere on the car.

There was a rust hole in the trunk of the car but it was cut out and the same panel was cut from another identical car and welded in.

The front bumper cover and fenders are misaligned, not do to impact necessarily, but I did off the car at full speed at Dunnville a couple times and tweaked the bumper / fender mounts… The front bumper is stitched together with zipties in various places.

Engine bay is painted black by previous owner. The car’s initial color appears to have been white.

[/quote]

exceeded charater limit so here is the info on the built motor:

the head was never modded and the oil pressure issue was likely up there… so refreshing the head would yield a solid block. the head has over 120,000km’s on it without being refreshed and it also had the HKS cams in it.

i had 5000+ km’s on that motor and it ran fine. it was simply that when the car got really hot, like when i was in bad traffic or something, the oil pressure would drop below comfort level. i removed the motor and put a really really fresh and low mileage motor into the car this past summer. The motor is on an engien stand in my garage but i never had the time, resources or desire to go get it inspected and refreshed… it’s just been sitting there.

the motor was built by New Generation on hwy 20 in Niagara Falls.

also, in the motor pic above there is a CS coolant resevoir and a Type RS bov, both of those were changed in favour of pieces listed in the mod list above.

there are certainly things missing from that list but when you get this deep into things you can’t remember everything obviously.

A simply phenomenal car. I probably would have bought this if I didn’t pick up my new cobra this summer.

I told someone with plenty of bank, who used to have a 240 and has wanted to get another about this car. I think his current GTO would make a perfect winter car.

edit: I’m actually very interested in those CCW’s, I was before but was in the process of changing cars and was considering a vette. Back behind a cobra and those wheels would be perfect, send me a price again and what they need if they still need anything. I wouldn’t want 245’s if you want to sell the 275’s I’d be putting them on the front.

i sent you a pm with more details.

i have a couple offers i need to pursue a bit more, both of which i suspect would go without the wheels so we can talk.

if i keep the car i would want to keep the wheels… they’re delicate but mega flexible… if i had TE37’s i’d have wasted mad loot on extra wheels by now… not so with CCW’s… just replace the outters when you bend them… reweld the inner is it cracks and rebalance and roll… siik

btw… there is some build history here: http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32934

i havent kept the thread updated with everything this year but of course i’d be fully forth coming to any potentials.

the car is not for a beginner obviously.

oh… hahah

i keep forgetting this but i bought this chassis off newman a couple years ago… belonged to someone else on here before that i think.

not sure if i have the US title still… might, unless they take it back.

This car is super fun, and pulls great :tup:

GLWS :tup:

Let me know if someone down south wants it, I’m making a trip soon.

it’ll drive anywhere w/o issues anyways… so you could race :slight_smile:

how much for the car as it stands? My buddy is interested in it, but is not on the forum?

hmm… to be honest, i don’t know…

i don’t like dealing that that with something this complex. Put him in touch with me through email and we can discuss. This isnt the kind of thing you say “i’ll give you $14k” sight unseen and expect me to take it seriously… the guy needs to see it, understand what it is and then we can talk hard dollars.

collins6464@hotmail.com if you can shoot him an email

glws looks clean

:snky:

minglor?

this car is NOT for the faint of heart, i got many many laps in the bitch seat at dunnville and i walked away sore from trying not to get flung from side to side, as its usually not a good idea to wind up in the drivers lap while hes trying to drive (and male for that matter)

was this the one at dmcc?

wowza that is a clean car… glws i love it!

Yep, on display not on track.

ya.damn just as clean as in the pics.new owner will be happy for sure!

had a couple things in the works that now appear to be ‘over the winter’ type things…

greilich, DP… get your buddies in touch.