My s13 sits...slanted.

So today I parked 91 in my garage (level surface) for the winter and I stepped back to gaze in its beauty when I saw that it was sitting slanted. What I mean is the cars passenger side sits 1.5" higher than the driver side. I got a tape measure out and measured that the lip of the wheel well 1.5" lower to the ground on the DS then the PS. And it’s not a tire thing, they all have equal presser,
so what did i bust a shock or something?

Same size tire and brand on the front?

Broken/weak spring or a blown strut.
Bent control arm
fucked up alignment

multiple things can cause that issue.

ROTTED strut towers

or UNEVEN pavement as well. Sometimes you can’t tell but it is uneven, especially driveways.

coil overs not adjusted to proper height.

sometimes, ur so tired, that shit just looks fucked up. happens to me all the time, when im sleep deprived.

its an old car…

i parked mine in the garage and noticed the rear was abit slanted but im sure its just the coil overs ill be fixing that this week end

It’s the driver side lean man… sooo many 240s have it. I’ve been trying to figure out why this is. I’ve had to adjust the driver side height higher; on my coilovers on both 240s I’ve had to make it look even.

“Same size tire and brand on the front?”
yep, same tire all around, and my towers are good.

its probably any number of things…
oh the joys of having an 19 year old car.

are you sure the strut towers aren’t rotted out at the bottom by the frame rail? That’s usually what causes the lean…

Same here dude. I dunno wtf lol.

You know, cars do twist right? especially if you’re one of those drift superstars.

ur gay stfu

It could even be your rear bumper is loose and slightly hanging down to one side giving you the illusion of being slanted… what ever the case may be, get that thing over to SG and have it looked at and set up!

It’s entirely possible that the frame is twisted. These cars rot in places that we can’t even see, plus there’s the fact that people drive them, as mentioned, “drift superstars”. This is why I’m going to stitch weld my chassis lol. If all your shocks and suspension components check out, then you may want to consider putting your car on a frame rack, and seeing just how out of whack it really is. IF your serious about your car,…

I am, and no im not a drift superstar.
i just have the problem of not having any money.

mine’s got that slant oddly enough as well, 1 finger higher on the rear and front wheel wells on the passenger side. I noticed it when I installed my Koni Yellow struts & Tanabe springs, don’t notice any negatives handling wise tho. It’s hard to tell though most times looking at the car.

I’m going to be looking into it soon, maybe the springs or alignment.

similar thing happen to me, its just the springs on the driver side takes more load than the passenger or rear side, coz thats where we sit. I just end up replacing it.

the springs?

yes