Rear suspension: One side higher

I did my suspension about 2-3 wekks ago

did the subframe bushings, diff mount bushing, and lowering springs and kyb gr2s…

what I didn’t do was the control arm bushings

welll 2 weeks gone by… and I’m sure the rear has settled enough

but my driver side has 1 finger spacing (pretty tight)… but the passenger side has 2 (loosely)… making that side higher…

I haven’t dont allignment yet because I am waiting to start/finish the front

would the allignment fix this problem?

I have the battery on the driver side… that wouldn’t affect the ride height that much would it?

ty

ed

I had this problem… “car was sagging to one side slightly” and I wasnt sure why because nothing was broken “as far as I knew”

Well it turned out to be a blown rear passenger strut causing that side to sag slightly

Are your GR2s brand new ? or used ?

lots of s13’s do this. is it your passenger side or drivers side?

even S14’s do this… mine does it… and I’m not sure why that is…

What I don’t understand is that some S13’s and S14’s have this problem and some don’t. All of the cars I’ve seen that had this problem had shocks and springs and not coilovers.
But at the same time, I’ve seen plenty of cars that had shocks and springs and didn’t have this problem at all…

If someone has any idea why this is happening, please post it :slight_smile:

my car does this and i have megan coilovers. set to the same ride height on both sides, but the left side is a good 3/4" higher

it’s a 88 200sx

and the driver side that’s sagging

these are new kyb gr2s. and new springs.

I’ll swap them this week or something…

could it be the springs?

I doubt it’s the springs cuz I had brand new springs as well… then I changed them and I got sportlines and I had the exact same problem… afaik, sportlines don’t sag

I have used Kei Office coilovers and it did the same thing, I set both sides to the same height and then the driver side was much lower in the back and much higher in the front. lol

I have the same problem…drivers side is a good finger gap lower than the passener side. It pisses me off. This is on Whiteline springs and KYB AGX shocks. I too want to find out why our cars do this…and I thought only s13’s did it.

pre-load the swaybars…