My S2000 Build thread 56k beware

5/9/2011
Installed the AEM V2 Friday

And the exhaust plug

Yes, despite my car being spotless thursday evening it’s now filthy after 600 miles and some rain.

looks great man! Only thing I would have changed would have shaved the other muffler bump on the rear cover. the plug looks a little mehh. but then again, it might look goofy with the hump on one side and just the rib going across to nowhere. i dunno.

killer car though. simple, clean well done… love it dude!

So all you dual exhaust lovers will be happy to know i just ordered an Invidia Dual Q300 exhaust with the stainless steel tips. These exhaust are significantly quieter than my current apexi and gives a great sound. I feel pretty good about them since i’ve seen / heard them in person already.

Looking great, I want a s2000 in the worst way.

I think you were behind me for a ways during the Saturday drive. Nice ride.

^what car were you in?

Parts on order at the moment:
-Invidia Q300 dual exhaust
-Password JDM kevlar cooling plate
-Password JDM Black radiator stays
-Password JDM Black fender washers (1 pack for the cooling plate)
-Carbon Fiber center console cover from finer liners
-Custom machined valentine 1 mount to attach to the rollcage
-Still waiting on the other Sparco evo ordered 6 weeks ago…

Also:
Just sold my chilicoke exhaust plug and bought the s2carbonworks exhaust trim for the new dual exhaust.

You passed me yesterday on RT 7 around 4:30PM, I was in the Stewart’s branded Ford Transit Connect. Your car looks/sounds quite good, nice job!

Thanks!

Cooling plate and coolant overflow

Cooling plate is sick

Here is that anti-theft mounting bracket my buddy is making me for the roll cage and V1. Still needs the top clamp machined

Bottom plate done

Heat sink on the bottom of the bottom piece

x2

Looking good sir.

5/16/2011
Did a few small things yesterday…

Installed a CF center console wrap from finer liners. Really like the way this looks as opposed to the ap1 carpet trim. All i need now is a ap2 center console and radio door and i’m done with the interior, that and get my other sparco installed in the car.

Installed an iphone mount and wired my ipod plug through the radio door vents. Put some velcro on it so it stays firm in place when it’s not plugged in as well.

Installed my remote display for the valentine 1, and wired everything up. Ran the wire down the passenger side with the dome light wiring.

I also put the emblems on and installed the plug deletes for the front bumper

Have a ton of parts coming in this week, so hopefully i’ll get some time and get them all installed as well.

5/17/2011
All done with my V1 mount, just need to swap out the hardware with tamper-proof fasteners and mount it to my roll cage.

that’s awesome.

Nice. Did you make the front plate mount also?

No, bought that from rho-plate.com

New exhaust installed, Invidia Q300. IMHO this makes the car sounds exactally as it should, i am very pleased with it.

Looks better too!