My S38B36 ('91 ///M5) Turbo Build Thread

i <3 you and your cars

BMWs are for fags. I think I spot a familiar M30 just barely creeping into some photos though. Those are cool. :wink:

Cool project.

PM sent

Why didn’t you just put the engine in the Chassis you bought? Was it twisted at all or just missing to many parts that wouldn’t be worth replacing.

It was pretty far torn down when I got it, besides, I dont really want an e34.

Damn.

so do you have those tailights for me yet?:wave:

Yeah, they are sitting on my shelf with 2 sets of 944 lights. Let me know if you want them shipped or what. (through PM please ;))

i would if your mailbox wasnt full!!!:hay: :mamoru:

Fixed.

shit looks good.

I got to smash a M5 with a hammer… i had to say it. thanks

cool project

Badass. I want to see what it is going in to.

:wink:

I may shake the engine down/tune/break in in an e34 next year. Hoping to locate/start work on the new chassis next year also. I forgot to post photos of this from awhile back, refinished the valve cover. Black/polished.

Also looked the crank over, it is in absolutely mint condition. Literally looks like it barely any use despite the fact that I know it was fairly high mileage. Hoping to get the block/head tanked/cleaned soon.

:tup: good to see you are making progress on this mike

lookin good.:tup:

yes, that crank is fucking PERFECT. jealous some more I swear you know where that engine should go, and it’s riiiiiight there :wink:

I’m assuming you’re going to beef up the bottom end a bit, but how do those motors respond to boost in stock form?

Yes, I’ll be running CP Pistons and forged 4340 Hbeams. Stock form is a bit of a debate, it’s been proven in the past year that stock BMW engines with a thicker headgasket can push 500-700whp depending on which series they are. But you get near that breaking point of bending rods, which I’d rather like to avoid. No one has maxed out a stock S38 yet, it’s just to expensive to risk an “oops” opposed to the other S and M series engines which are a dime a dozen.

you need to put that in this: http://www.centralvalleyclassics.com/cars/BMW/75_2002/75_2002.html

http://www.centralvalleyclassics.com/cars/BMW/75_2002/front.jpg