My S38B36 ('91 ///M5) Turbo Build Thread

except thats more rust than car

hey, can you let me know where you plan on getting your internals from? and for how much? ive been searching but cant help to feel like there is a cheaper option/vendor.

also whats planned for tuning??

An S38 powered 2002 would be a crime. Besides, I’d rather buy a car where I dont need to weld in new floor pans.

I’m going to use Ireland engineering h beam rods, which are $900 or so with ARP2000 hardware, and I’m going to have the engine builder order me a set of CP pistons 8.2:1 which will cost around $1200.

It’ll probably be run on Tec3R and tuned by Junior up at ICS.

wow, you could get eagle rods for about $600.00 and same with wiseco’s. Which i have experience with both in previous builds so i like them for my power goals. Have you ever heard of venolia pistons??? there pretty affordable as well, but i havent heard of anyone who has used them.

I tried to contact nick g about tuning my car but no response yet.:frowning:

Eagle’s will ABSOLUTELY NOT hold up to those power #s.

Eagles will absolutely hold up to at least 800whp. Stock rods hold 600whp, so why wouldnt an hbeam eagle rod??

Atleast isnt good enough for me. 800whp is a nice number, but the engine will be capable of more than that. I dont want to build something going “what if” on this project, unlike the porsche, this will be done right the first time.

bmwandreas has tested them at 850hp. They will hold more than that. they also use the arp2000 rod bolts. Meh, i would go pauter for an extra couple hundred if your really out to make 1500whp. but for anything under 1000whp eagle is more than efficiant. your gunna have more worries/problems with trannies before you get close to that kinda power.

when are you gunna try to have this beast finished by??? I cant start anything until i unload some stuff first.

I’ve chatted with andreas many times about a variety of setups. I appriciate the input though :slight_smile: Tranmissions will not be an issue, he’ll be building me a new bell housing, and I’m considering one of his intakes also. I hope to have the long block assembled by mid next year and have the new chassis in my garage.

sounds good. hopefully you dont run outta money. Im outta money and i didnt even start anything yet.lol

:tup: everyone starting new projects is making me want a new project. time for a better job to make better money to start me a new project.

m5’s are teh ghey. What you need is a boosted cavalier

Hate to say it, but I’m pretty sure I’ve sold this engine.

Cause: GT3R 951 engine built to class maximum specs