My Spec V Turbo Install (NO 56k) **Finished Write Up**

Zong- yeah i havent driven it with the kdws on yet but snow tires easily spin into 4th and it hits full boost around 3300 rpms so snow tires ftl

90NA300ZX- yeah that was me at mighty. the harnesses are at a 45* angle into the back seats. i plan on getting a 4pt cage or something of that sort once i start working again in the summer. but thats next on my priorities. still recovering from the turbo cost since i only work from may til august

dftsilvia- no i dont hang out with any of the street element bags. id rather not draw attention to myself by doing stupid shit. cough, hitting poles cough

and props to chris for answering questions.

more pics and info later tonight

Bud I tuned it around a month ago…she’s runnin.

Great writeup Mike!

yea but i haven’t actually seen it yet hahahaha :stuck_out_tongue:

…continuation from the first post

1. put the hot parts back on to fit the oil return line and cut it to the desired length

2. put the manifold nuts back on and connected the oil return and bolted everything on tight.

3. did the 14 washer mod on the crossmember. bought down wheel hop a good amount for something that costs 5 bucks. bolted the crossmember back on

4. next i started to unbolt everything from the intake manifold in order to take out the secondary butterflys and change out the injectors and wire in the new clips.

5. took out the butterflys. magnetic $5 screw driver ftw. had to use vice grips on a few of them tho since i loctited them over a year ago, they were in there pretty good. took out the actuator as well and bagged everything up if i ever take the turbo off or whatever. had to plug the vacuum line that went to the actuator as well.

6. got the fuel rail out with the old injectors

new injectors and clips 440cc

old injectors vs. new injectors

new ones all wired up and installed

1. installed golden eagle vacuum manifold. made running vac lines much easier rather than installing t fittings everywhere

2. got intercooler centered and marked the holes where the brackets lined up

all bolted on

3. made sure i didnt have to trim the bumper at all to fit the intercooler in

4. took care of the hot side of the ic piping. only 2 pipes. lined up perfectly

5. took a break from the ic piping after i fiddled with the cold side and did the emanage. props to sal for helping me out with that while i messed with the ic piping a bit more.
    used this write up which came in handy. http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/install/sentra_se-r_2002/sentra_se-r_2002.pdf

6. bolted the midpipe back up to the exhaust and to the downpipe.

7. had to cut 2 of the pipes on the cold side of the ic piping so i could still keep my fogs. kind of a pita. wouldve been better if the kit came with pipes that were pre cut to fit.
    i still gotta mess around with that side a little more so the bov isnt sitting right on the fender and so the piping doesnt hit the bumper at all

better shot of the fMIC and both sides of the ic piping

8. all together with the bumper and hood back on

9. ended up taking everything off 3 days after mike tuned it to figure out where i was leaking oil from. turns out it was from a missing bolt in the head right under the timing cover that wasnt put back in when the headgasket was done. so i wrapped the downpipe while everything was off since its so close to the alternator.

10. pics with everything back on again

that turbo seems really big. or is it just me?

looks great :slight_smile: once the weather clears i wanna check it out better

yeah man ill stop over and check out your car once its finished as well. hopefully by april mine will be out again with my rims lip skirts etc back on

:tup: the intercooler and that bumper look good together :slight_smile:

this is one of the better write-ups i seen on here in a while. Great job.

wow looks good…i like it

Hey Mike whats up? Cool to see your car on here. I got a ride in it and it moves pretty damn good. :tup:

wow clean clean install , cant wait to see what shes got going to carlisie this year

yeah i go to carlisle every year

:tup: nice clean build the intercooler looks nasty lurkin behind that bumper. This thing should be pretty quick when its all buttond up, have fun this spring man.:cool:

its pretty quick now. prob at least 280whp i guess. only ran it on shitty blizzak snow tires for a week before i stored it away again til april. i cant wait til it gets warmer tho

these mods were really needed as you cant have a slower car then your mom lol. looks good man

haha yeah itd cost way too much for my car to be faster than my moms. theres one guy on the forum that dynoed at 500.6whp his car isnt running anymore tho lol

you live in clarence?

ive seen your car before.

Awesome project, I’ve always loved the spec’s front end…looks even better with the FMIC.

groupshave nothing to do with getting into the show?

There was a blue spec v turboed around here a couple years ago. Car was bad ass. Had a problem with tuning it though.