My SRT-4 vs E46 M3

Ran into a Silver E46 M3 tonite. I had my buddy Adam in the car with me. I thought they were alot faster. It all started when i pulled up behind the M3 at a red light. He took off and i followed him. He was not able to pull away from me. I chased him and at some points i was actually closing the gap. There were a few cars on the road, so i wasn’t able to hop in the right lane to try to pass…Eventually was able to pull beside him @ at red lite. We both took off. And miraculously, i got the jump on him and he couldn’t recover…Traffic got heavier so the fun was over…He eventually turned off somewhere cause i looked in my rearview and he was nowhere to be seen…I’m sure he was pissed that he wasn’t able to crush a “lowly Neon”

is there any mods to your car? cause stock for stock, with a good driver, it will beat you.

prob a 17 year old chick who doesn,t know how to drive:stick:

good kill…i think:confused:

I have no power adding mods done to my car. it has a BOV, Short throw shifter, Motor Mount Inserts, and a drop in AEM Cone Filter.

SleeperGTP - All i know is, i ran this guy and he wasn’t able to get away from me. I wasn’t expecting to stick with him like i did. I know E46’s are “supposed to be fast”, but this one couldn’t shake me. The driver was a guy about my age.

hmmmm,not to be a dick but he should of walked u. maybe it was an auto or else he couldn,t drive? eh…i have no clue man. take it while u can:x:

good kill

Haha yeah…shoulda, coulda, woulda…I have no other info on the car or the driver. E46’s have either the 6 spd manual or the SMG tranny am i correct? Both tranny’s are supposed to be awesome. I wouldn’t even call this a kill. It’s not like i destroyed him. I’m just happy i was able to match his speed.

[QUOTE=MagnumRT20][/QUOTE]neither of ur cars are defined as “slow”

Yeah i know

could haven been an earlier M3… but from the sounds of it, you know it was a newer 330hp one, or whatever they rated at. they good for low mid 13s well driven but could be a close race for a srt4 well driven.

good runs man! i ran into two cars that wouldnt go with me today… vette Lt1 and 80s firebird

good kill…

Thanx

weaves stage 2 car beat an m3 pretty bad if i remember right

I wouldn’t say pretty bad, but I walked away from him pretty good. I raced an M3 when I was stock and he put about as much distance on me as I did on him when I had the stage 2.

ahh i wish i could stil have my srt and my camaro. good kill. i miss mine.

I’ll sell you mine!

I’ve only raced a SRT-4 once…at the Flashlights. My car has no power mods and has a worn clutch…I was at least a few car lengths ahead by the finish. I was actually expecting to get beat since I know it doesn’t take many mods on the SRT-4s to get a lot more power…I guess he was stock or mostly stock.

2.0 sec 60ft times are pretty much the limit with stock SRT’s. Ur a heck of a driver if u can manage anything less with stock tires and suspension. These cars have so many issues off the line. Def the SRT’s weak point (being a torquey FWD car…despite the LSD)…So on the track, SRT’s can get pwned. But on the street from a roll, is a different story. They’ve been known to pull more powerful cars from rolls…I was shocked when the M3 didn’t walk away from me after we took off from the traffic light

When I raced the SRT-4, I had a great dig off the line which definitely helped.

Racing from a roll will definitely show the car’s power…a good example is when I raced my friend’s e39 M5 at the flashlights. I beat him off the line and he flew by me at around 85 mph…his car has every mod outside of forced induction…he has to have around 500hp at the crank (he’s beaten 500hp V10 e60 M5s from a roll on the highway). He could not hook up the rear end because he has so much torque and was on street tires.

http://www.pittspeed.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=35663&g2_serialNumber=2

That’s about right as far as 60’ times. I got fairly consistant 2.0x at PRP, I’d love to take it to a track with real traction. Best I ran was 13.1@107, and that was with a 1.9x 60’, only time I ever did it…only stage 2 (no toys) and mopar exhaust.