My Turbo E30 thread, ABORTED. info on page 7, post 170.

sounds good :tup:

get a 24 pack too lol

:redface:

and no 24 packs while parents are around lol.

pussy.

move out of mommy’s house and you wont have that problem.

nice build up, but i’ve still never understood why someone would take the heat out of their car. what happens if you want to drive it on a cool, damp morning? nope not happening. or if it starts to rain while its warm and humid out? cant see shit with no defroster. what if you ever want to sell it? will anyone want it with no heat? no a/c is one thing, but removing heat in a street car is just downright stupid. do you really need to save the 25ish lbs?

Eh, i need to make some room in the garage and get that turblow off.

:tup:

heats overrated unless its a winter beater.

Over the last three years I’ve pulled the heater box and/or core out of my summer cars. Having DD’d a couple of them right through fall (until they were sold) I hadn’t had any concerning problems with front defrost.

in these cases we were talking weight savings of ~25#, upto ~#60.

heaters come in handy when shit starts to over heat.

hell yes. my heater has saved MANY of my motors over the years.

mmhmm. i had a couple of cars in my younger than now years that i relied on the heater in the summer time. those were some hot a** summers.

Remove the heat if you want but the ducting doesn’t really take up that much weight or space. I ripped the heat out of my '71 and regretted it on cool nights and when I needed to defrost my windshield. I would never again remove it unless it was a track only car, but it’s your car and maybe it won’t bother you.

id keep the heater core and make some lightweight ducting just to the defrost and a small blower from another make/model/application so that you at least have something if you are in a pinch. the heater core shouldnt be heavy… at least dodge ones of that era arent and a plastic blower shouldnt be either nor some drywer ducting under the dash.

Brian

After some thought from all of you i’ll likely be keeping the heater in after all.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

awesome, i know you would have regretted it if you removed it.

Haven’t had much time to update this, or do much to the car as work and shit has been crazy.

The motor and tranny are half hanging out of the car ready to be pulled and built on a stand, while the bay gets shaved, and painted gloss black :slight_smile:

I’ve also got my turbo up for sale, so I can upgrade to the HX-35 I’m buying from Nikuk in a few weeks :slight_smile:

We have some pics of the progress but I don’t have the camera. So until then I guess this will suffice.

More updates over the long weekend will incur.

Cool project you are working on here.

cmon…get the engine out already :wink:

How is the picker working for you?

Weren’t you only going to borrow a picker for a couple hours? Get to work white boi.

You’re helping tomorrow :wink:

Excellent, I owe you huge!

You know how it goes, Nothing ever goes as planned. Especially in a non heated garage :[

Sooooo…tonight JDMjunkie, IKSHO89, and myself decided to finally pull the motor after work, from about 11:45-1:30 we got the motor unhooked, the mounts undone, and the shifter linkage pulled out. Had a few hangups here and there but mostly all went smooth.

Once we got the motor out of the bay and on to a pallet we decided to unbolt the tranny and see what was causing the problems with the car not going into gear ect ect. Well the PO told me that the clutch was BRAND NEW…unless he is the worst driver alive which could very well be, that clutch is F U C K I N G SMOKED. the disk is cracked, eaten up and chewed to shit.

Looks like I’ll be dropping the big dollaz on a clutch soon and start the tranny rebuild at school this week.

Pics to come on this tomorrow!

LOL

i <3 that clutch

engine/trans was fucking cake to pull.