My Vert Turbo Camaro project

Why is the intercooler exit piping bigger than other one? That to better match the throttle body?

i stepped up to 4" for a few reasons.

1st being the TB is 90

2nd being by stepping up to 4" it allows the compressed air to cool some since its now taking up such a larger space. [same theory as exhaust sizing. to large of pipe and you lose youre heat and it slows down the exhaust pulses but it works opposite for boost. You want lower IATs, so if you can slow the air down by increasing the piping size you then lower the IATs since that compressed air now expands into the larger area and cools. the pressure loss you from increasing pipe size isnt a concern when doing with large compressors like what V8 singles run]

3rd the 4" pipe just looks much better IMHO
4th its what the silverado had

Looks like a bad ass build, also looks like a lot of work. Looking forward to the final product, I always liked the truck.

Looking good, man. I really like how you did the nose support.

Figured thats the reason, I remember you talking about the cooling effect. I kinda wanted to do a 3.5" exit on my intercooler to help slow down the gases. Make it easier for the air charge to split off to all cylinders in the Victor manifold. Fast air dont like to change direction :slight_smile:

Gonna be a sweet car when its done. Not sure what I think of the body kit but its not my car so it doesnt really matter. I am glad you ditched the foglights though, they looked like shit.

nice george… remember though people that build verts are “stupid” :wink:

Looks good George!

GC it looks sick but when you start running at 100+ dont you think that support is going to crumble under the pressure

cars looks sick bro can’t wait to start doin some work on mine lol

looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Word up! Good work looks great! keep it up.

it shouldnt crumble theres extra bracing not shown. if anything the nose might flap some but that is what the frotn bar is for. Talin’s front nose isnt supported and hes doing alright so ill play it by ear to how it plays out

thanks bud, yea once mine is up and running we can do yours

exactly why the elbow on the Vic setup has shown poor fueling issues with boost. Pressurized air doesnt turn as well as unpressurized. yorue inner cylinders need to have more fuel then yorue outers

fog lights were to resemble the 69 camaro, im little dissapointed they are removed

as for the bodykit, GM oftered a similar kit on a select few production cars called the Dick Harrel cars, GMMG built them. Thus the reason for me having a copy cat

oh man now we get to listen to mike saying gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg again. thanks george

gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg gmmg
:booty::love:

Cool build, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

-TJ

I could see if maybe you had a 5th gen and wanted to resemble a '69 but that really makes no since on a 4th gen. The two cars really share nothing that is resembling of each other and the foglights just look tacky and out of place IMO.

Ill save judgment on the body kit until the car is finished.

to be truthful i dont give two shits about youre opinion on my car. i dont build my projects for anyone nore will i listen to someones opinion. So if you dont like something that is fine but save youre carpel tunnel for another post.

:rofl::rofl::itr41: real men stay in it and dont care about others oppinions !

Looks good though George you always do a nice tastefull job. Would rather you kept the truck but you always gotta be working on the next thing so good luck.

Why did you make the jump to the car from the RCSB? Your truck is sick.