My very own import mag

I’m on a roll of dumb ideas today, so here goes.

Hi Everyone, today we’ll be covering Rich Ricer and his Silver WRX STi.
Rich didn’t know what car to buy at first, so he hung out in the Markham/Scarborough area to see what all the asian kids drive. He saw a bunch of riced out civics, rusted ass 240s, and in the middle of the lot, there it was the king of all the cars in the Destiny’s parking lot, a WRX STi.
He decided to be original and got it in silver to contrast all of the blue ones, but it wasn’t enough, he needed to give it that JDM flair.
Any good car needs a good kit, so Rich picked out a very generic looking kit, but with a twist! This one is only sold in Japan and costs over four times what the other ones do. Talk about baller status. He then decided to put the largest most expensive rims that Work makes, but they just weren’t large and expensive enough, so he called them up and had them make a custom set just for his car.
And ofcourse what car that is never going to see track duty is ever complete without a gigantic brake upgrade? The list doesn’t end there, he picked up a set of HKS coilovers, and had them installed by a shop because he doesn’t understand preload, nor cares to do any work on his own car. He then had the interior fully stripped out to give it that “actually races” look, and caged it. To replace the missing interior, he had the local shop make him an ugly looking carbon fibre and aluminum center console, and bought $3000 racing buckets that he’s not too sure he can actually fit in until he loses a good 40lbs.
To offset the weightloss from stripping the car, he put in a competition grade sound system with 4 15" subwoofers, cause that’s just how he rolls.
And ofcourse, what car would be complete without performance mods? Under the hood you will find the entire Greddy product catalog, finished in chrome and red.
Finally he decided to go with a chameleon pearl paint that looks like utter shite and covered the whole car in crazy vinyl. Wow. An STi like no other!

You’re just jealous of his sweet ride.

is this someone that actually exists?

Who the hell is gonna read all that?

Dont you have anything better to do other than rip on other peoples rides? Yeah so hes rich and got money…welcome to the GTA.

Man I swear if I spent as much time on these forums as you do I probably couldnt afford anything for my car cause I wouldnt have a job.

Snuh? Who the hell are we talking about here? I HONESTLY completely made up the car and person, how you got a connection to a specific person is utterly beyond me. If I actually managed to describe someone’s car succesfully, then I’m downright proud, because it proves my point to a T.
This post was meant as satire into every car you see in today’s import mags, and if you guys stopped being such ricers you’d realize it. Everybody does the same damn thing with their cars, they buy the most expensive parts and slap ugly ass paintjobs on them.
Spilner is right… SONTOOL40SX indeed.

Edit: And KoukiS14, you’re a fag. A total flaming homosexual. Nothing to do with your car, cause I haven’t even seen it, but you’re just so obsessed with defending yourself all the time even though nobody was even talking about you. Please sir, do us all a favour, and come out of the closet.

I’m not reading all that.

I approve of this action.

No kidding…you werent being serious? Jeez who would have known. Im just tired of reading your ignoramus shite. Yeah some people have more money than others, yeah some people soup up their cars with the newest JDM hype, yes they want the rarest most expensive parts and they do it like everyone else…and you with this post were dissin it like you are better than them with your sarcasm/satire. I just dont happen to think its called for hence why Im posting. You have the right to post this babble, I have the right to disagree with it.

Theres a reason cars that have 50K in mods appear in magazines, they are the best of the best, you wanna see a skinny guy on a body building magazine, you wanna see a fat chick on Maxim…hell no. Every industry has its top tier of whatever and thats what people want to see not cars with a SAFC and ghetto rigged turbo.

A flaming homosexual?..Did I hurt your feelings so much so that you must resort to calling me gay? Im not defending myself rather the people that you are critizing.

You too have proved my point to a T. You are a keyboard racer, scaling your way up to the top of the e-car world, building your post count day by day, spouting off in every thread regardless of subject matter. While you do that most of us are actually building our cars not critizing other peoples.

Yeah Im a dick and rather crude on here alot but thats because I feel the intenet is the biggest dick swinging contest in the world but no one is showing…so I call them on it.

Whoa. I ain’t reading all this shit.

Oh shit, look over there, someone’s saying they dislike a part you might or might not have on your car!
Take your insecure ass out of here, cause just as much as you don’t wanna hear what I say, I feel the same way. I hate nothing more than ignorant pieces of shit like yourself, that just buy whatever the current top shelf parts are and throw them on their car without thinking about anything.
You know what I DO want to see, someone actually do something by themselves. And something NICE at that. I want to see mags dedicated to people that drive their cars. I want to see a mag with kids like Vlad and Chris, with their stock beater ass 240s, talking about what mods you need to DRIVE your car, not what the current requirement to be the biggest hardparking baller at whatever bubble tea place in markham. I want to see a mag do a cover on someone like Andrew, who tore out the interior of his car, fixed his frame and built a cage. Or Sockington’s crazy rust removal project. Or if you wanna see some baller shit, feature ADAM’s LS1 swap. A lot of these “cheap bastards” have WAY nicer cars than the riced out shit featured in mags.
You print that, then I’ll fucking buy it and read it.

^ your better off… I can’t get that 5 minutes of my life back its gone.

There is no reason to attack a fellow board member or fellow car enthusiast just because their pocket book may be deeper then yours.

I’m dissapointed in your posts, your attitude and lack of respect for other people. Sure the magazines try to pursued us how to spend our money, however your approach is just apprasive and rude.

To generalize someone who buys brand name products for their vehicle as stupid and irresponsible is just like that woman stereotyping Jesse as a danger to society and a menace on the roads because he drifts on a track.

I vote to see you banned from SON.

1. Pick up an issue of Grassroots Motorsports if you want that
  2. Don’t knock bubble tea… It’s delicious…
  3. In general, people who pay money earn money. It’s work just the same, but the knowledge is different.
  4. Rather then get angry, and complain, take pride in knowing you can build something better without having someone else do it for you.

Ant, there are mags like that…

I’m not gonna get into the rest of it, but I disagree with a few things you’ve said.

Okay, let me elaborate on number 2, I LOVE Bubble Tea, I have it like 2-3 times a week, it’s downright disturbing how often I go. But that’s not why I upgrade my car :smiley:

Looks like a few people beat me to the punch there…

But yes, your comments were pretty ignorant regarding brand name parts and how people mod their cars. Why do you care how other people spend THEIR money?

Honestly, I don’t care what others do with their money. What I dislike is the whole idolization of extreme money wastage. I dislike that there are people out there pulling their teeth out to replace them with jewelry. I dislike the bling over function and form mentality that has taken over. Nobody cares what looks good, works good, etc… They just think: Man… I’m gonna go get the most expensive insert item here so that people will think I’m a baller!
And that’s just pathetic, no matter how you look at it, it’s pathetic.

I think you argument is really weak dude.

You are painting a picture that anyone that buys expensive parts is attempting to be a “baller”. That to me is just as ignorant as saying the guys that fabricate shit are just too cheap or poor to buy good stuff.

I find that fact that you even have this opinion just screams of jealousy.

Consider your STI example. Is your satire honestly trying to make fun of a guy that custom orders WORK wheels? 100% Forged wheels are in fact the automotive definition of function and form. The fact they they cost $750 a rim does not reduce that fact.

You know what’s more pathetic than a guy trying to be a “baller” with expensive parts?.. is a guy trying to be “hardcore” with a shitbox.

I find the fact that you can’t even consider that someone might NOT be jealous of idiots to be kind of ridiculous.
Please, feel free to continue to aspire to be like the people slapping the most expensive parts onto your car without understanding how they work, what they do, and how to put them on. If this is the direction you want to take with your car, I don’t care to stop you or tell you to do otherwise. That’s entirely your choice, and posting this little bit of satire was mine. I don’t like the way the scene is right now, with its focus on flash and shock. Things don’t need to be tasteful anymore, they just need to be rare and expensive.
The work wheel example I especially find to be excellent, as they are available in MANY sizes and offsets. Are you trying to say that there really isn’t anything decent in their standard offering that people need to order custom sets? No, that’s just plain obscene. These people do it, so they can say that they have a one-off wheel when interviewed.
Saying the guys that fabricate are too cheap or poor to buy good stuff is not so much ignorant as it is a fundamentally flawed statement. When something is fabricated, it is by definition better than the so called “good stuff” since it is designed to do a specific task on the vehicle by someone that understands how that vehicle works and how performance machines work in general. When an item is designed and sold by a top shelf manufacturer it is made to be as generic as possible so it can fit a variety of people’s needs, and by definition cannot be as good as the custom made part. The only thing the celebrated expensive parts are better than, are their ebay knockoffs. And sometimes when you take price into consideration, they don’t really beat those either.

As to the last part, I’m not trying to be hardcore with anything, however you’re pretty f*ing arrogant toward S13 owners considering that you also own an S chassis. I don’t see how having the newer model gives you licence to be a dick to those that have an older one.