My Weekend end project, Home owners Come in.

So I have wanted some french doors and a deck since I bought he house last year, this was a good time to get it done since I am leaving on my honeymoon in two weeks I figure I can get this done and enjoy it when I get home.

So last night I picked up the doors which were on sale for $219.00 down from $499.00 decided to let it rip and start doing it at 9:00 last night. Woke up this morning and finished her up. Here are the basic plans of my deck.

Heres a few pics of me and my friend Steve getting her done.

killer deck

great deal on them doors. Jeld-wen doors marked down only because they have no brickmould. Too bad the dummies at Depot just realized those doors tech. went on clearance in feb. Awesome deck plan btw.

looks like it will def add some appeal to the house. Have you picked out stains or will you be using the particle board/laminate (idk what its called it looks like decking)? Hope you got a permit! although it shouldnt cause any problems

Now you can get your friend wasted and let them out the back door :tup:

Rough first step

I should have the frame done tomorrow, I will post more pics.

lookin good

were you at depot and lowes today around 1-3?

I was there at around noon in west seneca.

lookin good. wifes been bugging me for some french doors as well. They still on sale?

Nice work.

Are you planning a hot tub on the step down portion of the deck? That’s a BIG deck for the yard.

Good work man
:tup:

uhmm, the hot tub has to go somewhere silly.:smiley:

How am I supposed to know? I don’t see a tub in the pics waiting to be installed…

Maybe the step down portion is intended for cage fighting.

The 9 local depot’s all had them. They were selling very fast. As of friday, Elmwood and cheektowaga had the most remaining. The 6068 Miniblind and the 6068 15-lite are both $219. If your really interested I can check all the stores tomorrow when I get in.

My wife(still sounds funny to say) wanted it big enough to put a 8 person table, bar, outside day bed etc on it. My yard is pretty big so this really doesn’t effect it to much.

Isnt it funny how a husband and wife project always somehow seems to end up as a husband project?

She cleaned the basement while Steve and I dug the holes and set the posts all frigging day. Just got done at 9:30.

sean looks nice… i think you should leave the header exposed in the house… :tup: deck looks like it should be fun …

lol