Mysterious BAD suspension POP

its coming from driver front , when i slam on the brakes just at the point where the tires are about to lock up, but dont actually lock up, so full slam withough locking tires but hard braking is being applied i get a really loud CLUNK, bang, POP whetever you want to call it

the only things i think could be the problem, swaybar endlinks, ball joint (seems fine), control arm bushing…

its really fkin bad

has anyone had this and what was the problem?

Im only looking for solid answers here, so if you havnt had this problem go away.

ive checked mounting points for swaybar, right now im thinking swaybar endlink, i am very short on money i want to be sure i buy the right part.

check your TC rod, tension bar bushing. when u slam the brakes, does your wheel move? my TC rod bushin went, adn i had the same problem, adn if u pop your head out the window, or have someone outside watching, you could actually see my front wheel hit the front fender.

i got a polyurethane kit that came with the bushing (u can’t get it at nissan, u gotta buy a whole new bar which is more than the urethane kit). only problem is, u need a press to install it.

jesse, the sway bar end links pop when you turn, i have had that on every 240sx on both sides go on me…

if it happens when going straight and braking then it has to be something that supports front to back movement, not side to side right?

TC rods sounds like the culprit, but didnt you already get new bushings?

I have this problem. I have already checked this stuff: TC Rods, LCAs, All bolts for tightness. Mine comes from the drivers side, and it sometimes seems like it’s my rotor that slides a bit and hits against the studs… even though the wheel is on tight. The other things that it may be is Tie Rod ends, and brakes… since i’m upgrading both, we’ll find out in the spring if it’ll work, but hopefully this helps.

My car did this too. I never figured it out, and ended up not caring :lol:
Drift her harder Jesse :smiley:

i already have es bushings

this is a really loud loud bang/clunk though

like loud enough that it sounds and feels “LIKE” the whole engine moves when i break and hits something

its obviously not that but that what it sounds kind of like

its really really loud

turn up the music.

i would still feel it and probably hear it

could it be an engine mount??

my noise was never THAT loud

sounds like an engine and/or tranny mount

check your front end thouroughly, and if your brakes are bad enough, they will sound like A55.

Well does your shifter move when this happens?
If the shifter moves then it’s tranny and/or engine mounts, if it doesn’t then it’s suspension components…

no, i told you people its suspension components, ie sway bar endlinks

so i pretensioned my coilovers more and went on with my life

Just keep replacing shit until it goes away…works for me all the time. :slight_smile:

does it? :roll: