F/R wheel clunks when braking and shifts 1inch back n forth

hey guys after track my front right wheel clunks really loud when i tap the breaks and shifts with the whole wheel hub assembly about an inch forward and back, i couldnt find what it is after takign it off doesnt seem to be any of the balljoints any ideas ?

tie rod ends?

TC rod

tc rod is fine, tie rod is also fine (if you mean the steering one)

the top mount for your strut perhaps?
or the control arm bushing @ the frame

I can’t think of any other links for the front suspension beyond those so you’d have to check the bearing/hub

sounds like a wheel bearing to me.

Either the TC rod bushing is really fucked or the control arm bushing is really fucked, what kind of shocks do you have?

new control arm bushings and tc rod bushings on it, could it really be my wheel bearing ?

Is the movement front to back or top to bottom? Does it rotate as if you were steering or does it shift with the wheel remaining straight. Kind of hard to tell from your description.

Sorry I didnt explain myself clearly but here are the known facts for clarity:

1.does not clunk when i steer left/right or swing the wheel or anything
2. the movement is front-back along the car
3. only happenes when I am moving forwards and press-release brakes in one motion
4. i can hear it over bumps

have you jacked up the car and played around/inspected teh wheel/area?

TC-bracket
TC bushing
Tie rod
strut mount
wheel bearing
ball joint

^have you tried looking at any of these, do you inspect or post first?
I suggest inspecting first…

DUDE I SAID I DID READ MY POSTS

i think its ure tension rod. or the tension rod bushing. thats wut broke and made my car’s wheel move forward or backwards when i moved my car making it hit tha lil plastic inner fender.

>whole wheel hub assembly about an inch forward and back

Here’s an oddball: check around your brakes - you said the wheel assembly feels like it’s moving forward and back when you apply / release brakes. Are the pads sitting well - are the caliper pins still in?

It sounds like you already checked out the obvious things, try the more uncommon ones. Rotate wheel while car’s jacked-up and get someone to hit brakes - is the clunk audible?

hey guys today i was at heatw’s and we were looking at it and it turns out my tc rod nuts (on the control arm side) were not max tight, like they dont feel lose but unless you tighten them max they will do that, so i tightened them and drive home, by the time i get home it does it again im likw wtf, theyr lose again, i think its the whiteline bushings in my tc rods that amke more load on the joint, how can i make them not come loose ? I am thinking use some lock-washers… let me know guys…

I used lock washers on that end of my Battle Version TC Rods… No problems have come from it… except for my eyeballignment, heh.

EYEBALLIGNMENT ftw…