Clunking noise. HELP

Well today I started to notice a damn clunking noise at my front end of my car. It seems to do it while turning only. That is all I have figured out so far so now i need some help troubleshooting what it could be… lol.

another bill to hit my wallet… :frowning:

Thanks,

Ryan

well if its a FWD then you got an CV boot open, if not… I sure someone else has that

definatly your CV joint, been there done that one too many times!

Get it replaced as soon as you can or your be having some fun with an axle flying around at mach 4

your 240? tenion rods maybe. my 240 did that all the time :butthead:

lol… i should have states that yes it is in fact a 240sx.

so a tension rod then? I thought myself it was either my steering linkage or my tension rod/tie rod.

How much is a tie rod brand new anyways? any good places to get new ones for a decent price?

www.bings.ca he has tension rods and tie rods as well

any way to install all new tie rod ends without needing an alignment after?

Nope…

Nope…[/quote]

you can measure them to be close and then do an old fashion alignment at home. But basicly nope

my tensions rods also do this once in a while.

I never got the clunks, but you can easily tell if they’re stock rods. If they are, they have a big ass circular rubber bushing. Normally they’re filled with this goo gel stuff. If it leaks out, you get mega gappage in your tension rods. It’s really easy to see. The rubber will be dry and cracked.

I picked up an entire $200 Energy Suspension bushing set from Autodream in the NE. I’m keeping my ride street so I wasn’t interested in hard pillowball suspension parts. I found it was easier to get the whole set and have CMS in the NE do the job for me. Cost me $300 in parts and labour, but now I can redo all my bushings on my car on a weekend off.

Part source said each ‘stock’ style OE TC arm were $110 each + tax… So the bushing set plus install I think was not a bad deal.

CMS in the NE didn’t do an alignment… So far, I haven’t had any problems. But then again, I replaced a stock part with a stock style replacement… No strange tire wear yet, but I’ll have that done soon…