clunk, bad tie rod?

well i had my car out yesterday , even got a kill

but out of nowhere it had an odd clunk

when turning right/ or left i cant remember, under slow speeds and while braking id get this odd clunk and i can kinda feel it on teh driver side. it also seems to sway slightly to that side when im turning ,

ok from what i know these are conditons of a bad tie rod , just looking for a more educated person to chime in.

thank guys

bobbyd

Not sure, but i good idea would be to check the suspension for loose bolts/nuts… It could be that the spring cracked. Just give it a good look.

Tell me you drive a Monte… my friends has been doing the same thing for a while now.

Check Cradle bolts.

whoops sorry forgot to mention ,

this is in my Camaro

could be a tie rod or a balljoint…

ball joint bobby or control arm bushing more importantly make sure ur wheel is tight no need to go and bill on us.

haha yeah i hear that , i had no problem with it , then i took it out afer it sat for 3 weeks and this started happening , im heading up to mighty without the car tho :sad:

any more input

could be a broken sway bar end link as well.

i had nitroinsane come over to check the car out

seems the ball joints and tie rods are Ok

we did however find that the wheel well had a missing bolt and the tire was coming in contact with it. Turning the wheel prolly pulled the wheel well out a little and when it let go it slapped back into place causing a loud clunk that just went throught the floorboards on teh driver side.

I will admit however i do get a slight bang but its nothing compared to what it was doing b4 hand. Other than that im not too worried about it unless it decides to get worse again.

thanks guys

thanks joe

Obviously its your car telling you your exhaust is way to quiet…

his exhaust is absolutly not quiet

either ur being sarcastic or uve never heard my car

anyways i also remember saying my car felt like it swayed a little on turn , i belive it may have somthing to do with my tires being low , haha

so yeah i was still getting this slight sway up front and an occasional knock here and there. so while it was up in the air when i was getting my tires done i checked it out.

Had buddy turn wheels left and right and notice on a full right turn the rack would move

it ended up being a lose rack , tightened up the bolts and turning is tight now . dont know how that happened lol

i had that happen on my beretta before… weird as hell though