Mystery JDM Brand

Well, no it’s not a mystery, because I know the brand name … I just can’t find ANY information about them online.

Anyway

I’ve got a set of MONZA RS Down rear coilovers for an S13. Nice camber plate, preload spring, oil-filled damper, seem hella stiff (at least a 6 kg/mm).

Blue body, blue shock, silver hardware.

I found a few sets of adjustable OEM-style replacement RS Down units for GTRs on Yahoo auctions Japan. On the adjustment knob it says Tokico. They seemed expensive (used OEM-style shocks for 400,000 yen - no sign of coilovers)

In the pictures it says right on them

http://img189.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/6/9/9/8/zzm67835-img600x450-1156168002syokku2.jpg

They’re installed, and seem nice and stiff, they go real low, so I’m happy. Just curious.

No, this has nothing to do with the MONZA brand available here.

Any clues?

It says right on it that it’s a TOKICO shock, so since TOKICO is a well known brand of shock absorbers I’m guessing it’s actually a TOKICO shock and the model is ‘MONZA’ which is probably just a model sold in Japan like my silvia came with G’RID Bridgestones…

Judging by that picture I would say they are your basic Tokico dampners modified by the third party company Monza.

Reasoning:
Tokico stamped on body.
Sticker applied by Monza. RS Down is likely one of their lines of dampners/coilovers etc.

?

PS. RS Down…any conection to RS*R?

Really ? wow. those are good answers. But I know for a fact, and have reaserched it that those are “East Bear” jdm shocks. End of story.

RS down … maybe the brand of choice for drifters with down syndrome ?