Suspension

Well im on the market looking for new suspension my main to choices are either coil overs or shock and spring. im thinking of either the MeganRacing Coil Over or Sportlines with Tokico’s

anyone Advise??
Thanks

since you dont track your car go for the spring/shock deal…save your back

And your cars chassis

well i havent tracked it, cuz ive been having problems with suspension either one thing or another, plus i havent really heard anything about megan’s if their good or bad

megans are great
i havnt had any problems whatsoever, the ride is good too

agreed

agreed[/quote]
I LOVE my megans, way better than D2’s

anything that A’PEXi would put their name on must be a quality piece, case closed.

they performed very well at the track (thats to shed any ricer doubt)

if you dont plan on going to the track though i’d just get lowering springs and KYB’s

I’d go with coils irrespective of the fact that you goto the track or not. I run an entry level set of JIC coilovers and wouldn’t switch to spring/shock combo.

I watch cars on springs take bumps, sure it doesn’t translate to the drive as much but the car is bouncing around like a jack in the box…

it’s all a matter of budget i 'd say.

if you need something exotic talk to me.

the only thing im affaird of is, if i get shocks and springs i might be disappointed in the performance of them, but im also affaird of getting coil overs and running into problems again, im just in a big delema :?

2 words:

air ride

lol…ill take air ride to the track 8)

i have some d2’s for sale. i love them, super stiff, or plush for da ladies…

adjustable for track and daily…

i’d go with coils either way though… with springs you can’t do much adjusting for track or anything…

i love teh d2’s… and will buy again.

case closed

agreed[/quote]
I LOVE my megans, way better than D2’s

anything that A’PEXi would put their name on must be a quality piece, case closed.

they performed very well at the track (thats to shed any ricer doubt)

if you dont plan on going to the track though i’d just get lowering springs and KYB’s[/quote]

actually, A’PEXi didn’t put their name on them…hence Megan Racing.

Comparing Megan to A’PEXi is a bit of a crime in itself.

The main concern with Megan’s is that nobody has had them long enough/beat on them enough to really give a good review.

EDIT: they look good, and go low and a ton of US guys say so far so good…but that’s like only having them for a year or less.

He is currently running D2s and looking to switch.

go with the megans…they have been in testing for three years now…Apexi has the exact same product and there have been no issues at all with them… Even with d2’s there are no problems after that one oil issue.i sell both megans and d2’s but i would personally go with Megans cuz they are the best value for the money guaranteed…

ive done both and to tell u the truth. if youre just an aggressive street driver who wants to slam their ride, go with a shock spring combo. i had sportlines and GR2s and they treated me very well. the ride was smooth and I didn’t bounce around at all. Plus the ride height was just perfect. I’m sure others on here are running that setup and can vouch for that. At first I only had the sportlines… THAT was a bouncy as fuck ride. I blew 3 shocks in 2 weeks. I came across a deal on some cuscos that I couldn’t pass up recently so im running some “exotic” shiet now. The ride is more aggressive and not as comfortable as the shock spring combo for sure. But hey, it’s bling. How many of us go through the hassle of jacking up their slammed cars on a regular basis and fine tune their suspension regularly anyways? (posers need not raise their hand). So if budget is a concern and you don’t have the need to muck around with your settings and track your s13 every weekend then I would say yay to shock+spring. Another thing to consider is how the prices of budget coils are so aggressive now… the price difference between the shock spring combo and budget coilovers are closing in… there really is just maybe a 2/300 dollar difference if at all… but its still 2/300 bucks.

silk road > megan

megan ($) < silk road ($)

Still though a spring/shock setup will be less money and hassle.

well my budget is no more then $2gs but there isnt really any good coil overs besides Megans, ive had coil overs on all my cars that ive owned, so comfort doesnt really matter lol…

get some custco’s I have read that they are very good, some of the best. When i was in the market for coils i was going to go with these.

I also belive sidewaze has a set for sale.