NECC Track event #2 --- Sunday, October 2

Thats what I assumed…I can bring some birtch if were able to light a fire or not.

Ok, I noticed that peeps seem to be forgetting one simple thing.

IF YOU DON’T SIGN UP, YOU WON’T GET IN. Even as a spectator, if your name is not on the list, you WILL NOT be admitted to the runway section of the base. We had people show up last time and were turned away because they hadn’t registered with me. So please EMAIL me the required information, or face the consequences. (This is not directed at anyone specfic, by the way.)

Matt, I’ll add you to the list but I need to know which vehicle you’ll be coming in, please. :slight_smile:

What info do you need. Name and car or what?

Depends on whether you are registering to drive or spectate.

Drivers need to give, at a minimum, their:
Car Make/Model
VIN#
D/L #
Plate #
Phone
Email

Spectators need to give:
Vehicle Make/Model
D/L #
Plate #

Both drivers and spectators must also list all the spectators you’ll be bringing - If they’re not listed, you’re hooped.

And what about feeding my animals?

All drivers get meals, and spectators can purchase meals for like $3 or so. Includes hotdogs/hamberger, chips, and a pop.

Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about.

Weather update. 8 degrees with 80% chance of rain. I’ve actually been looking forward to testing my car in the rain so this’ll be great! Less work on the brakes and tires as well. Boy, this is gonna be a hummdinger!

Due to overwhelming support:
THE EVENT IS NOW LOCKED. NO NEW REGISTRATIONS WILL NOW BE ACCEPTED.

Thanks guys! Nice to see that everyone appreciates the events we’re putting on. :smiley:

I’ve got breakfast at 7:30 and then have to pickup an extra helmet in Sturgeon Valley (a few kms away). As result, I won’t be there until 9am. Is that gonna be okay?

Nevermind. I checked my email. Driver’s meeting at 9am.

The weather is looking like SHIT, but this event is a GO no matter what!!

I don’t want to see anyone being a pussy and saying it’s too cold. Suck it up and we’ll see you out there. :butthead:

I can only see the racing being even more fun and interesting than ever.

So… one thing I forgot… I don’t have my own helmet yet… Are there any ‘spares’, or would anyone mind lending me one??

If it really is wet, the key will be car balance (keeping the car neutral). This’ll be my first autox in the rain and I can’t wait (even though my balding Contis suck balls).

Shouldn’t be a problem. Just remember to wash your hair and bring your most recent head lice inspection and I’m sure you’ll find helmets a plenty.

I have some DOT approved open faced quad helmets, the rally style I think they’re called. They’rea about 6 years old I think, but are in 100% shape. Is there any restriction on the helmets? I think at Bud Park they need to be under 2 years old or something…

If they’re OK I can bring em

Yea my helmet is DOT and SNEL approved but it is my firends and he had it repainted a little while ago and they only put the DOT sticker back on.

Is this going to be a problem. It was ok to the people at tech at bud park.

Yes. M or S rated Snell95 or newer only (DOT means nothing). No go cart helmets (even Snell). Next year Snell2000+ will be the only accepted helmets for autox (Snell 95 will no longer be accepted). I’m not saying this on behalf of NECC, not knowing their position on this subject, I’m just stating what I know about autox and track regulations having actually researched the subject prior to my involvement in motorsports.

I was looking at the Solo2 rules today, and Snell 90 helmets are accepted, M or SA. So of course Snell 95, and 2000 would also be acceptable for our rules.

???