NECC Track Days - July 23 & August 27

Hey all -

Just got a letter in the mail from Laurie at CFB Namao. NECC has successfully applied for the two dates listed above, both Saturdays. Start spreading the news - we need folks to show up for some good ol’ hot lappin’ fun! :smiley:

Hope to see a TON of folks out there! :E

well i am sure i will be at the july 23 day as a recovery vehical and saftey vehical

prob wont be back from B.C. for the second date

Don’t worry guys, there will be more details, including registration info and payment coming soon!

Looking good. Hopefully my engine will be in by then and i can have some fun.

i will definently be there if i have not sold my car.

the tracks are autocross strictly and only ?

or will they get mad if some of us tries to drift few corners ?

as far as i know when we are on the track there really are no rules…its when your in the pit area (if thats what you want to call it)…when i went to one of the rx7 auto x i slide some corners with my friends supra and nothing was said so i dont think its a problem

Well, we’re actually going to do a hotlap event, which means the track will be more open and not as tight as an autox setup. The speeds will also be higher.

I don’t think that Namao encourages drifting, but if a few people happen to partially lose control around a corner… :wink: In all honestly, I don’t think it’d be a problem as long as the folks drifting were careful.

Sweet. Sounds like fun.

B-Wurm :smiley:

Actually drifting will not be encouraged at the events. Bud Park is going to be having actual drifting events every week, so you can head out there if you feel the need to burn your tires off. At the NECC events we want to see fast, controlled driving. If you happen to slide a little bit we won’t get on your case, but if it’s obvious that you are trying to drift you will be given one warning. If you continue to drive as such then you will be asked to leave.

This is my understanding anyhow. We’re just starting out at Namao and don’t want to be pissing anyone off.

^^^^^ Well put

so it’s NECC who is against attempt of drifting at the event or NAMAO track owners ?

THis is our first event and we dont want anything to go wrong to hurt our relationship with Namao. When you add drifting to an event the probability of accidents happening increases greatly. So at this time there will be no drifting whatsoever. End of story.

accidents can happen at any time drifting or not, even from normal hotlapping and autocrossing…

anyway, that wasnt my point, i was just simply wondering and wanting to clarify, no need to get all tough with “end of story” crap…

Next question. NEXT! :E

The course will be defined by cones, no? Will that really cause much damage? But I do understand how spinouts etc could hamper people running the course as well as the waryness establishments have of drifting. It sucks balls but that’s the reality. So I’ll do my part and keep the tail in check.

In the mean time, I’ll eagerly anticipate more details.
B-Wurm :smiley:

The track will be set up and differnt cars will react diffrently RWD will always (Most of the time) drift when doing high speed corners. This is an Autocross not a drift event but if your cars characteristics make it drift in the corners THAN SO BE IT.

Anyone who was at the RX7 autocross and saw me run would see that the whole time around any high speed corners the car was absolutly sideways, not because i was trying to drift but simply because that is the way the car drives when its put through its paces.

The point here, is that this is a hotlap event, not anything else. The faster you complete the track, the better… not, how much smoke you can poor, or how well you slide. This is for time, and if you slide, you will be slower than the rest. If you enjoy being last (via sliding) then so be it. If you slide, then we know you cannot properly keep your car under control.

Anyhow, this is a race event, not a drift event. So no, drifting will not be tolerated.

But like I said, drifting increases the possibility of accidents. There are many cars around here that are proof of that. If you have a problem with me or my attitude PM me or talk to me in person at a meet.
Dave

Like i said, i just wanted to clarify the answer and people gave out some serious answers so its clear…

aaron explained it good, its a hot lapping event, as a club we dont want to piss of Namao, its not a drift event so keep the tail in check, try to do your best grip runs and get fast times…

understood…

Dont worry people, I aint gonna run off every corner and ruin it for everybody else…

“But like I said, drifting increases the possibility of accidents. There are many cars around here that are proof of that. If you have a problem with me or my attitude PM me or talk to me in person at a meet.
Dave”

You really dont have to point out drifting even more. Yes, people does get into accidents when trying to drift, people also gets into accidents driving normal or autocrossing, there is no proof of who does it more and such but the way u are answering, i think you got a much bigger problem about drifting than just this event but i am not even gonna bother asking\or talking about it because it is totally off topic and do i have a problem with your attitude ? no… but if i was asking a simple question in real life and some person gets all tough with “end of story” crap, i would say the exactly same thing. “You dont need to get all tough with end of story crap”… I was just askin a question, you aint my dad telling me what’s what…