Need 240 Parts

Hey anyone know what would be my best option to get my 89 240 ready for (DRIFT)? either supercharge my KA24DE (Mr.Knight) or go ahead and order the SR20?
ALso who knows the drift requirements for comp? Rollcage, horesepower, exc.
I am from Windsor and just joined the TNC club to help meet some cool people and learn some useful tips…

Who knows anything about BikiROM megaboard?

You should’ve started this thread from the beginning …first thing…introduce yourself…then ask questions…
if u never drifted before…get a helmet and
come to one of the track days in the future…rollcage and hp are requirements
for much higher levels…supercharged KA or sr20det are good enough for drifting…
check our next meet on sep 8th and I’m sure that you’ll be able
2 get more info…

about the BikiROM :

read this :

http://180sx.locost7.info/bikirom_1.php

FIRST of all, you really cant be that serious because i doubt you’ve read up on anything. you dont need horse power or a rollcage to drift, sure they look nice on paper but highly unnessisary.
You can drift your stock car and still have loads of fun. again, horsepower isnt everything or is a rollcage.
You need hookups with shops that will give you free used tires and a bunch of sets of rims. some good suspention and make sure all your steering componets work.

I wanted to supercharge/twin charge a KA or a CA, and ppl told me they cant handle the low end torque.

just my 2c, if you can do it, go for it.

be nice peeps. he did give an intro :slight_smile: and no supercharger :stuck_out_tongue: you can drift a stock ride no problem. you can get a nice set of coils for cheap. get used ones if you dont have alot of money they go for around 700 to 800 maybe cheaper. get some strut bars. and you are good to go. its better to learn on a stock ride to get the feel of it . then do motor swap.

You dont necessarily have to do a motor swap though, some of the guys on the board are still using their non-turbo KAs to drift and they do an amazing job at it.

Sweet thanks guys for the info and sorry my name is Mike AKA DJ Lashis! I was asking about the requirements because I am looking to get into some serious drifting comp… I give you all my word that once im ready you will be blown away :slight_smile: I’ve been doin it for years on small tracks getting better and better… I can’t wait! This is my dream more than anything in the whole world. Im just still a rokie when it comes down to these JAP cars but I love em !

So if anyone would like to share anymore advise im all ears because theres sooooo much yet for me to learn i’ll admit… Cheers

Gotta come out to some meets and trackdays so we can see your skills.

Hells Ya!!!

Next spring though… I have alot of work to do on her :slight_smile: