Got my 240sx, advise please

Hello again, i just put a down payment on my 240sx and i will be picking it up tomorrow morning, this will be my project car and i plan to put my heart into making it into a DD and a Drifting monster but i need some help with choosing a KA or SR. I hear that you can do a lot with a KA for cheaper than an SR and I would like some feedback on what you guys think. I want to get at much power out of one of them. Thx

an SR would be easier if u dont know where to start. buy a motorset and drop it in, match some coloured wires and you’re finished.

KA-T is more technically involved.

do some research on both and make a decision based on what u find. try googling KA-T vs. SR

Im thinking of about 250-300 hp. Can any of you guys give me a pros and cons of each engine plx. Im trying to get as many opitions as i can.

yeah, honestly dude… if this was any other forum you would get f*cking owned :#

if you get SR, its 205 hp stock, that is more than enough to be a DD and drift monster.

any more than 250hp you will never learn to drift properly.

frig the motor, fixx ur rust and buy some coils, and rear multilink, then learn to drive/drift then, and just then you can start making ponys

^^^
ditto

I agree. I don’t drift since my motor swap and 200 extra horsepower. This car just likes to get sideways. No one believed me until bountywolf was doing 4th gear north on Woodbine and the car ended up almost 90 degrees to the road before he let off the gas and it snapped back.

I just picked up my 1989 240sx with 143k on it this morning. I dont plan to do any swaps right now, the first thing on my list is to get a new suspention setup with some new brakes and a new lsd. Can you guys post me any link where i may find some?

what kind of suspension were you thinking about? I’m about to get some new springs and shocks in this week. People reccomended H&R with koni yellow adjustables and next year probably going with a megan multi-link.

As for the new brakes i’d wait until i got more power under the hood. I’m on a stock dohc and my brakes are working pretty well. As for the LSD i have the chuki s13 and i’m on a VLSD i just reccomend getting one of those, they seem to work pretty well.

i agree with renegade,

i say, learn the basics and get the feel of the car first with KA, and gain more technical knowledge, then when you feel you are ready, move up to something with more power.

start off with some coilover suspension and bing’s multi-link would be nice too & front & rear strut bar,

i’ve got the Z32 front and rear brakes and they work extra nice, the stock 240 brakes weren’t doing it for me, but thats just me, i like to have alot of stopping power.

those two mods alone, make the car much more fun to drive.

MY rule of thumb is… if you have to ask, you’re not ready to do it.

To build a KA to the point of getting stock SR numbers, it works out to be the same as swapping an SR motor. Thats with decent parts.

Suspension, honestly, perfect street/track suspension setup for mild use on track and DD would be adjustable sphocks and springs with thick (HICAS will do) sway bars. Done. Get used to that, then step it up if you can handle it.

As for me, I’m gonna buy the most expensive shit I can find. Then do nothing with it.

Love,
Osucksdick

^^^lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

well first off, Re Ameyami you can start using proper english, so people can read it properly. Your paragraph looks like a word search.

As for this thread I just did my SR swap on my 97 240 and love the sr20. My self am building it to around the 400whp mark. Using 272 cams. 50 trim turbo. and lots of other goodies. But I would definitly go with a SR motor. There cheap and easy to swap.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

this is your best bet…better to start off with low power you learn better !

didn’t you say it’s a KA-T? all the work is already done. IMO, swapping out a working KA-T for a stock SR, would be a very large waste of money.

and just a piece of advice, dont take any ONE person’s advice when surfing forums for info. you need to do some research.

i doxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx