Need a cage done locally.

Do you want it to conform to the NHRA rules or do you want it to actually work in a wreck? You can’t have both.

Nhra so i dont get kicked out.

What are the issues with the NHRA rules? 100% srs. Post/link/pics/whatever. I’m curious.

Their exceptionally pathetic rules and regulations. They are the most lenient sanctioned body when it comes to cage regulations.

I’m not going to drown this thread with techno, nor take a job away from Morgan as he stepped in first. I don’t have the time to get another cage in right now anway.

Im just trying to get it in the car, pass nhra rules, live if anything goes wrong and not cost me 2000$

$2000 actually might be possible since it’s NHRA lol.

F that. Im a broke ass bitch.

$2000 will not get you an 8.50 second cage, with chute.

Luckily, i dont need that.

dont need what? you said you wanted a cage you could run below 10.00. you need an 8.50 cage cert. amongst many other things.

I need a cage for the feild of 9.99-8.50 not below 8.50 i dont need a chute.

a chute is required for any car running below 10.00. an 8.50 cert means it can go as fast as 8.50, the next cert is a 25.5 you dont need that.

Chute is needed for 150+ if I recall correctly. IMO, get the car making the power and having the traction needed for 9’s first. It’ll cost more than you think.

good reference for what you need and dont need.

http://www.nhra.com/competition/etquickref.aspx

its required for 150mph regardless of the ET but its also required for 9’s regardless of the trap.

Not trying to be a dick but 2k for a REAL cage is not possible and I wouldn’t want to be in the car if something happened with a cheap cage

I know plenty of guys running in the mid 9’s at NHRA sanctioned events and have never been told to get a chute or stoped due to not having one. Im specing the car to have a cage to run in the 9’s so i dont need to do it twice.

Gotcha, thanks.

yeah its definitely not something everyone does, im just telling you what the rules state. the time to do it is when you are building the cage.

Gotcha. Thank you. Usually the events we run people just look to make sure its there. Even a roll bar would probably be fine but, just to be safe ya know?