need a hand with a clutch change..

my gtr clutch decided to start slipping on me this past week. I’m thinking of picking up an RPS max or an ACT clutch as well as a new flywheel possibly. i have done some research and allthough it looks somewhat simple i would really like a hand changing it as i have never done it before and would like someone to help out who has experience. i have a big shop in nisku (no lift though) and i am willing to pay someone to help me out (or buy beer/food etc). please no bashing on how easy it is or whatever. if you can lend a hand or give some advice or tips that would be awesome. im not planning on doing it right away though, maybe in a month. just asking in advance. thanks alot!

This is not bashing, but i did it on my own for the first time and it really is a very sinple procedure. Just get yourself a clutch aligning tool and its pretty much fool proof. But i can understand feeling a little intimidated by it as people seem to make a big deal out of changing a clutch.

Make sure you jack the car up high, when i did mine i had a hell of a time getting proper clearence.

Let me know when your doing it and I might be able to give you a hand.

Chris is right its not hard, but 2 people makes it so much better. Other wise is a pain in the ass. Another thing i would get is your rear main seal, that way if its leaking you can do it when you have the tranny off, if its not, then just take it back.

what is a clutch aligning tool,
and yes i searched google but to no avail
i have taken out fwd clutches b4 and never used any aligning tools

usually comes with the clutch kit you buy, to align the disk to the flywheel. actually ive never had a clutch kit not come with one…

Its a plastic spline set that mimics your input shaft so you can align the friction disc to the input shaft, it usually comes with the new clutch, i have one if someone needs it, it works for a CA/KA. Dont know about SR.

shit… thanx for the info guys

other than the clutch and flywheel what else would i need besides the pilot bushing, throwout bearing and a rear main seal? (any body have part numbers for those 3 things by any chance)

No part numbers sorry, but since you have a tranny dropped you can consider a few things like a stiffer tranny mount or even a 1 piece driveshaft. . .

I actually got my clutch aligning tool from princess auto and it worked great. I mean even they couldnt screw up a tool that simple.

Grease, a torque wrench, Loctite red, new tranny fluid, also you might want to change your tranny output shaft seal while the transmission is out of the car.

Have fun chaning your rear main seal.

Just remember to drop the second oil pan because there are studs in the bottom of the seal retainer.

Oh and to drop your secondary oil pan you need to lift the motor about 3-5 inches up so the pan has room to clear the crossmember

Some fine sandpaper, and brake cleaner helps as well for cleaning the flywheel surface. give it a light sand, and clean it with some brake cleaner. make sure you don’t get any grease on the flywheel or clutch!

the tranny output shalf seal is the same as a 240sx as well? is it pretty straight forward when changing?

if i can get the clutch and flywheel in time i would like to do it either on may 12-13th or the 2-3rd of june. if someone isnt too busy on one of those days and would like to give me a hand that would be great.