Need a New Ipod and Verizon Phone...Need Help with Decisions

So here is the situation…

I’m looking to get a new Ipod and I’m also eligible for a new cell phone with Verizon. For the Ipod, I like every about the Touch (Layout, WiFi, Games, Etc.) Only thing I don’t like is the storage size. 16gig is ok, 32 is better but not the greatest for me. So I’m wondering if i should get the touch and take the hit on storage space or get an Ipod Classic 80gig model?

The Ipod plays a factor to which phone I get because I want to have WiFi or Internet on my phone but don’t want to pay the $30 extra a month. But do I really want to carry around 2 devices just so I can have the internet?

I would switch to AT&T and get the iphone so I can have both on one device. But again, I would have to pay extra money a month, it’s a max of 16gig and mostly everyone I talk to is on verizon.

Any help is appreciated cause I’m in a pickle and don’t want to make a bad decision lol…

Anyone?

the ipod touch is pretty awesome, i have to agree with you there, but depending on how much music in your collection you actually listen to is what i would go off of. if you listen to 10gigs out of the 90 gigs of music you have go with the touch and just put on what you listen to, if you actually listen to 80 gigs worth of music get the classic. ive got the old school 30gig and i listen to MAYBE 7gigs of the 30 i have on me. thats just something to think of.

i love my ipod touch. I also love mooching wi-fi at people’s houses. I hate that I cannot listen to pandora in my car though.

screw the $30/month

i just sold the touch and got a bb storm. i was also on a quest to stick with verizon and turn my phone into an mp3 player. so far so good. Its only got 16gb support so far though. I think when the 32gb micro sdhc cards come out, itll most likely support that as well.

why would AT&T cost you $30 more than verizon? They are generally the same price or cheaper.

AT&T has a plan that is unlimited data & text for $30

he doesn’t want to pay for data

so buy an unlocked 1st gen iphone and don’t get the data plan.

Thanks for the reply’s so far. Joe…I meant extra money as in the $30 dollars a month.

I also didn’t think of that option Joe. That could work for me.

Well, I’m current saving up for whatever route i choose cause they’ll all cost some $$

keep the ideas comin!

im in the same situation, time to upgrade and would rather stay with verizon because all my friends/family have verizon

any new phones out there, or something that will be coming out in the next couple of months?

A new blackberry is coming mid-july that’s supposed to be pretty sweet. It’ll have a 3.5mm (standard) headphone jack and an SD expansion slot.

Oh, and a real keyboard. And an app store omg omg omg.

anywhere i can read up on this, i was looking into the blackberry’s and the storm seems to be a bust

As with any PDA phone, you’ll need a data plan with it. Unless you PM Geehee. He does blackberry marketing and can hook you up.

:fu:

lol doesnt that get old!!

any rumors about that actually having wifi?

lol never! :smiley:

As for wifi, I actually read somewhere (on boy genius I think) that BB may start offering phones with wifi after the 9630. :gotme:

PM Geehee. He can hook you up with a iPhone on verizon.