need advice re:sr20 bluebird

I’ve decided I need boost, contemplated the KA-T for teh altima but i’d rather go with a factory built turbo set up, so i’ve set my eyes on the bluebird conversion.

I know it’s a pain in the ass to do, but i’m attempting to source a full front clip (engine, mounts,tranny, diff, pans, etc…).

IIRC this is not as simple of a swap as the sr20 in the 240sx, due to some slight variations in the engine bay layout between the altima and the bluebird, so, if anyone has any constructive input here I would appreciate it.

This is just a conceptual project at this point in time, but it may very easily become a reality.

DRE

Just my opinion, but, if you take all of the money that you will spend on the custom work for the install, and the clip itself, and spend it on the rebuild of the KA, would you not make a lot more power?

Jsut a thought, but if you are doing it just to be different; and have $$$, then get a GTiR motor set…4WD Altima anyone??

He only gets more torque no? not horses…(if he went with ka-t)

And why an Altima?? why not Sentra…much smaller and weighs less.

Thougth of that as well, but then I might as well spend the money and do a RWD Altima (not a big fan of AWD).

I still haven’t been able to find out how much custom work is involved in the bluebird. I’m trying to compare pricing of the SR and the turbo kit’s available online ($3500 US and up) to see what’s mpre feasible and what will give me the best bang for teh buck. Also taking into consideration originality, the top mount intercooled blue bird looks sweet, and would give me a reason for a hood scoop, I like hoos scoops.

DRE

Because I drive an altima.

why not provide him with info regarding his question, rather than give your own opinions on what he should do with his money?

EXAMPLE: if i ask a question about turbos… i dont want to hear people tell me about superchargers and nitrous…

just my .02