Need an ar15 barrel pinned and welded.

I know there are a few gun guys on this site, and a few fab guys. I have a SS barrel already threaded and a SS Comp. who can drill and pin/weld it for me or recommend me someone. called a few local places turn around is about 3 weeks :frowning:

Personally, I would solder it in. It’s less permanent and gives you options in the future.

Before I get myself in trouble for not being incredibly specific. Is this barrel less than 16" without the muzzle device? ATF requirements for fixed muzzle device are different from NYS.

Barrel is 20", i was thinking about getting rid of the threads all together but found a good deal on the Comp i wanted. Freek any go to guy to get it soldered?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21313[/ATTACH]

There is no “approved” method in NYS to permanently attach a muzzle device on a threaded barrel. The best you can do is use one of the ATF approved methods to “permanently” cover the threads on a postban rifle. As long as the threaded barrel is 16" without the muzzle device it does not need to be blind pinned but you still must use one of the other ATF approved methods.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/nfa/nfa_handbook/nfa_handbook-rev0409.pdf

Page 18

The ATF procedure for measuring barrel length is to measure from the closed bolt (or breech-face) to
the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device. Permanent methods of
attachment include full-fusion gas or electric steel-seam welding, high-temperature (1100°F) silver
soldering, or blind pinning with the pin head welded over. Barrels are measured by inserting a dowel rod
into the barrel until the rod stops against the bolt or breech-face. The rod is then marked at the
furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device, withdrawn from the barrel, and
measured.

never though about just getting it soldered. iv only had barrels in the 14.5 range. do you know anyone who does it?