Need computer help NOW!!! I think my power supply shat the bed.

I think my power supply just shot the bed. I walked into my computer room and my tower was off. I checked and rechecked the plugs and all is ok. I dont smell anything burnt out or anything like that. It has never given me a problem the 4 years I have had it. i can see power going to the green and orange light where you plug the internet line into to, but nothing happens when I hit the on button. Could this be teh power supply if its getting power other places?

could be a power supply, could be a motherboard

Now im posting from my computer that wouldnt start. I dont know what happened, loose wire maybe, overheated, IDK. Could have been a power surge.

smell anything burning?

No, im packing up my apt. to move into my house, I unhooked my printer and a few other things. I might have hit the button on the back of the power supply or something. They dont act like circut breakers do they?

some have a switch on the back, but not a breaker

You can usually test the power supply by unplugging it from everything and plugging the power cable into it and then shorting out two wires on the 20/24-pin harness. It’s different for most power supplies so search around or better yet get your hands on a PS tester. It just plugs into the main harness and if the PS is good it’ll power on.

I’d let you borrow mine but I have no clue where it went.

when you plug in the wire, do you see a light on the motherboard?