power supply problems

ok, on my new machine I had a 300w PSU that crapped the bed after a few hours of use. I ran a 250w PSU for a day or so just so I was able to keep it online (wasnt doing any gaming or anything power intensive).

anyway, I just got a new 350w PSU. I plugged the Mobo connector in, all the other drives/ect and powered the video card/fans. I plugged it in and I got the LED glowing on the mobo as well as a USB controller (good, it’s getting power). I went to turn it on and nothing.

the processor fan spins for about .5 seconds and then nothing (led stays on on the mobo and USB controller).

any ideas? I’d like to get this thing running today (hopefully). I’m stumped

sounds like u might have another bad power supply

Plug just the mobo only nothing else in to the new PS, if nothing happens then plug the old one in again mobo only see if anything happens. If it starts doing the same thing on the old PS, reseat the CPU.

Also it’s not really been an issue these days but make sure the 220/110 switch in the correct spot if so equipped. Then again it probably wouldn’t do anything if that was an issue.

well… not exactly sure what it was, but I unhooked everything and rehooked it back up and it ran, but I got an error “radion 9700 power source not plugged in”… oops, I forgot.

so I plugged the cards power supply in, and tried booting it again… nothing. WTF? it’s kind of hard to see the connector on my card, as it has a pretty big thermaltake heat sink on it. I got some better light and hooked it back up (I’m 100% positive I had it right the first time) and sure as shit… posting on it now.

strange, but atleast I got it working… thanks gents :tup:

get a multimeter and test to make sure its working, there must be documentation somehwere stating what voltage u should get on each pin. that will help u determine where ur problem is.