Need help big decision!!!

this is where 90% of my dilema is… i called the dealer and its $1200 dollars for a stock hood… so, if i dont like it then im somewhat fucked…
edit: yellow was only 03 and a couple 04 models too, so its kinda rare.

thats why this is a tough decision for me. if i could keep the stock hood id buy it up in a minute!

edit: would it look retarded with just a cf trunk?..

with my fiberglass hood for my itr, i could throw that thing probably 30feet, lift it up with 2 fingers and pretty much mount it myself with no help

cf is a bit lighter than fiberglass so i would assume it would be even easier

^ Is it really hard to go on the neon form and find someone willing to trade a CF hood for a stock hood? I’m guessing the ricer crowd would beat down your door if you made that offer. Seems like a better option than paying $1200 for a new hood from the dealer if you happen to want to go back to stock.

or u just find someone else who will trade their yellow hood for your cf hood if u didnt like it :picard:

i think it would look good with just a cf trunk

well either way i have to talk to him and see what he says i may just snag up the trunk! still up in the air about it all, i just see how hard it is to find yellow srt’s looking to mod, who has the other yellow srt on here? he went to sg a while back

You have a perfectly good hood. Save your ca$h for something worth while. If you were to do anything…put vinyl on the hood. If you don’t like it then you can always take it off.

Rice is nice on some stuff…keep it stock.

i can think of a bunch of things better to do with 500$ for your car, like buying my turbo :slight_smile:

Your car looks good as it is. Just the trunk will look dumb. I think both the hood and the trunk will look dumb.

A month form now instead of posting a FS: CF hood thread, you’ll be happy you passed on this offer.

meh ill probably make somewhere around 320-350 whp on my turbo this summer, so im good… you guys are right, i dont need these. thanks i think i am gonna safely say no to both of them!
we can stop :deadhorse2: if you want

ive made a lot of “omg thats sweet!” decisions with my car that i wish i wouldnt of lol :meh:

Yea I’m gonna fix the small issues I do have and then get some nice brakes and a tune

PM’ed

oh and if you want the wheels…lets talk. <3333

do none of that. build the motor, 35r at least, stratus 4-speed auto with aftermarket trans controller (paddle shift controller, trans handles 700hp with proper shift program and billet overdrive drum and shaft) with 4-speed caravan diff and AWD transfercase, run a driveshaft back there and swap in the caravan rear drive unit, fabbing up some knuckles to accept caravan bolt on rear drive hubs.

then swap on the 03 SXT bodywork and sell the SRT bodywork and wing to fund the important stuff listed above.

thats a much better decision to make than whether to buy some ricer parts. :wink:

Brian

leave it stock