Need help!! Dsm/chrysler

I got my 98 Sebring in my Garage for the last 4 or 5 months just chillen!
She needs a tranny! Well I shopped around and at the Junk Yard they want a fortune for one!
For that i know I could find a 4 cyl swap for it!
So im wondering if anyones got a 420a or 4g63t just layin around?
Or a trans for the 2.5 6cyl…
The cars a auto but id make it a manual if I could find enough of the parts!
Can anyone help me?

I also have a 1995 Eagle Talon Esi and I need a motor for that (2.0) or a cheap 4g63t
I need headlights and taillights for talon/eclipse!!!
Also exhaust!!
Any dsm guys got parts??
Are there any good dsm forums?
Help a brother out!!

The mounts won’t work with a 4g63. You would have to have some kind of custom motor/tranny mounts to get it in there. You are better off finding a v6 trans

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/976006823.html

Thanks man but i allready called that one he junked it!!
I agree I should just buy a trans but i cant find one locally and i think overall the 4 cyl would be better! And mounts shouldnt be hard anyways cuz some of them came 420a (2.0) and ive seen some of them with 4g63t’s in em. I wanna get this done soon so any help would be appreciated…

just buy a tranny and save yourself a bunch of work

Not true

If you want to save yourself a bunch of work… Sell it…

Jerry Browns has one for $575. www.jbap.com stock# 8K6117

Swapping out a v6 for a 4 banger just because the tranny blew seems kinda crazy and then I dont even know how youd pass OBD2 emissions anyway.

you try lake auto or williams? Sometimes there are pricks and a rip off but worth a shot

go swap it and you wont pass nysi as far as emmisions go as chry has vin coding on there computers so when it gets plugged in it will fail ya due to imprpoer calibration and vins and shit

Does Williams even have anything that new?

Sometimes Lake is a rip off.

Well im going to go on a call rampage tomorrow and find a trans!
But im still looking for a 2.0 for my talon!!

Just call Jerry Browns. Queensbury isnt too far and they have one. www.jbap.com

Kneer’s doesnt show one and either does Cahill’s or West Side.

Loya’s needs you to fill out an email form- http://edloyas.com/

I pioneered the 4g63 swap into the avenger/sebring chassis back with Vinne on ASOG. It requires the entire GSX drivetrain front to rear, and some sheet metal modifications up front for the main left/right mounts. 4g63 cam cover doesn’t clear the OEM hood either, hence the shitty bump the DSM’s had on their hood.s Aside from that the suspension and subframes of the 2G DSM’s and avenger/sebring chassis are exactly the same. Also need a lengthened DSM driveshaft(3.68" longer)

Your auto transmission is the biggest POS drivetrain ever produced. Code name A604. You’ll find it in just about EVERY vehicle produced by chrysler from 94-04. Too many components stuffed into too small of a case. it requires a super thin fluid to get into all the tight spaces and get’s way too hot. Was common place on ASEC to read about blown a604’s

on a better note, I also developed a crank trigger wheel for use on the 6g72(mitsu v6 2.5L) although I believe a couple other people now produce them. It moves the CPS from the a604 bellhousing onto a mount off the front of the engine, coupled with the trigger wheel that replicates the trigger windows found on the torque converter flex plate. Trigger wheel bolted to the stock harmonic balancer. This allowed you to bolt in a manual transmission and axles from the stratus RT’s and maintain use of the stock PCM.

I used to own a 1997 dodge avenger, turbocharged with some “popular work” done to it to say the least, Did a lot of development for that chassis back in the good old days. 2.0/2.4 hybrids. ITB setup, swaps components. lots of fun stuff :slight_smile:

I got a feelin if i decided to go that route you would beca geat asset to me being the knowledge youve aquired by doing it!!! This is my second sebring I wanna do something crazy to it. But i think i may just do the 420 and boost it if anything at all cuz I have a talon aswell that im doing!! Anyone know any good dsm eclipse talon forums??

Bump added info on the first post need help…

Did you find a tranny?

No there are none locally under $500 and thats my price limit!!

I picked up a talon shell so i may put the sebring on the back burner!!

I wanna pick up a 420a or a 4g63t for that!! I also need a ton of 2g eclipse talon parts headlights interior parts taillights!! Any Dsm Guys on Here??

Any knowledgable DSM guy will give you this advice…GET RID OF IT!! lol jk jk, glw everything man.

How much is a rebuild if you pull it and bring it to a shop?

Dude if it is nonturbo you cant swap in a 4g63 with out some major modifications to the chassis