need help, i think im getting screwed around by the dealer....

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:14,topic:26018"”]

100% incorrect, OD is an upshift. The only time you feel a downshift in an auto is when you depress the throttle enough to hit the kickdown, whether it be electronic or mechanical, and that is what tells the transmission to downshift.

[/quote]

thats exactly what he and I said

this guy is saying that he is depressing the pedal(to accelerate) and that he cant get the car to go any faster. what i assume this to mean, is that he puts the pedal down, feels the car downshift, motor revs up higher(due to downshift and gas pedal going down), yet the car doesnt accelerate.

In most cases, lets say for example merging on the highway, you will be in 3rd gear, maybe 4th on the on ramp. then when u reach 70 mph and ur on the road, u let off the accelerator a bit, u kick into overdrive and ur rpms drop. then u go to change lanes cause the asshole in front of u is too slow. depress the pedal, car kicks out of overdrive and into a lower gear, u start accelerating quickly. now were back to the begining and the process is repeated as u drive.

So i am assuming that what he is having trouble with is downshifting and accelerating.