Need help SON! Subaru GC8 or Silvia Coupe?

if you’re looking for something to get you through the winter while you have your baby in the back, there are better choises than a 240, or a RWD car in general…
but you mentioned you wanted something you can drift in? snow drift…?

anyway, what im getting at is why dont you just get a truck, like an old 4runner or something?

same goes with 240s’, except replace 10 with 20… lol

grab the gc8 and do a sti swap. enough said

STi depending on versions cost at least 3g + 2-3g labour.

That’s at LEAST 6g easy just for a swap + the actual cost of the car itself, which gets up to 12-15g.

Quite costly and that is if nothing goes wrong of course.

exactly… you’re in G sedan / IS300 territory

I’ve owned a GC8 and a GD. I had a 2000 and like Joey said, shit kept braking and the car was boring as fuck to drive unless I was WOT in a corner. Anywhere else it was boring. The motor is balls. The interior feels like an economy car…gay.

Car was so boring, even with coilovers and a catback it was boring, unless I was WOT in a sharp sharp sharp corner. If you’re doing a swap it’s a way bigger investment, if shit don’t brake that is.

the 02 WRX was fun, lots of fun…it was also much higher in cost to maintain than a 240, swapped or not.

Grap the coupe and drift. It’s a no brainer if money is an option at all.

I sold my WRX to get back into 240’s when money wasn’t as good anymore. I have MORE FUN in my 240 than the WRx as well.

on a side note…i know you’re trying to keep costs down but if you buy a stock 240 for cheap, YOU WILL spend a shit load of money on it, whether you plan on it or not. someone like you will never leave it alone. hahahha…so…you should buy mine for cehap so i can buy brad’s s14. ahhaha

gc8 is the way to go. Just get a low km subaru and you will be fine. Version 5 sti engine is about 4k with tranny rear end ect, and about $1800 to do the wiring if you can do the install yourself. Its not 240 cheap but hey what other car IS 240 cheap? if you are not a cheap ass and want to modify them they are very good cars. Ps you can have lots of fun in a subaru in winter, more then a 240 for sure, summer not so much

I know lol! not even worth it really. Although they are pretty badass. ver.8 sti swap in a 2.5rs

Honestly, you need to stick to a 240 as you just miss them. You pretty much know everything about them and it won’t cost you more than 8k to find the best one you are looking for.
Unless you really want to try something new, don’t bother with the Subaru as its AWD and the driving sensation/driftability is not the same as a 240. And you of all people should know how much suspension work the car will need to drift it and don’t forget the costs of repair and maintenace.
If you really want to try something new, I say get an S14 or even a 95’ 180sx or 95’ Silvia. Stick to what you know and love and don’t let all these newcomers turn you off the S-chassis.

LOL oxymoron and half man…

Scooba Scooba Roo, Where are you?

I’d say 240 coupe, but my oppinion is biast. Don’t listen to me.

Jowo and Ronnie are spot on about the HG issue. Be careful buying anything with the 98-01 2.5L motor in it. The stock HG is notorious for going because of poor quality design/materials. (usually around 120,000km) The 2.2L is bullet-proof if you want a dependable DD…get a TS.