Need Help with 1992 Honda Civic HB [Alternator, Driver Rear Suspension]

Hey how hard is it to get the alternator off in a 1992 Civic DX HB automatic tranny. any picture of how too? does it drop right now and out?

another question is.
The rear driver side wheel was hit and now its way out of alighment. Something is bent maybe the tie rod in the rear but who knows can it be a easiy fix? Nothing looks crushed or out of wacked except the wheel tilts in on top. so it looks like this // instead of like this || lol the other side is fine.

ok the rear wheel … i’m betting something is definatley broken. the only adjustments on them are the toe angles. That’s more a look back there and see what’s bent/broken deal.

the alternator … personally i think it’s one of the easier alternaters to change. i don’t see much of an issue with doing it’s it’s pretty straight foward. more or less a common sence job IMHO …

sweet yea the rear needs wheel bearing too is that hard to change? shit this car has alot of problem hahah

like mike said, there is only a toe adjustment in the rear. its at the front of the trailing arm. if it was hit, and you’re lucky it just pushed it over. (it a nut and bolt in a slotted hole).

the wheel bearings are pretty simple. howie and i did them on my old hatch, but make sure you have some heat… odds are that the inner race will stick to the hub.

definatley heat wrench and a good impact gun … that should get the job done. usually you can find an entire assembly in decent condition… while your at it change to rear disk :wink:

yeah, i think i picked up my rear disk conversion for 200 or 250 shipped, and it was upper/lower control arms, hub, and trailing arm. it was 4 bolts to do the swap, and then swap the soft break lines and the parking brake cable.

easy as pie

i wouden’t say easy as pie… it all depends on the condition of everything you get. it’s it’s old and rusty (pretty much a garuante) you might have some small issues.

you might also want to think about changing out rear bushings while your at it. then again it all depends on what you plan on doing with this car.