Need help with flashing a computer

Can anyone here help me out. I have been trying to get my nieces car inspected. I drove it all day today to get all the monitors ready. Took it for inspection, the states computer told said to unplug connector and trun off motor. Wait 30 seconds, plug connector back in and start car. Well, it failed again because the computer said there were 5 monitors incomplete. The car is a 96 Dodge Avenger with a 2.5L. The inspector said he had this problem before with a 96 Neon, the computer wouldn’t store the completed monitors, so it had to be flashed.
If there is anyone who can flash this computer or knows someone that can so I don’t have to go to the dealer. Let me know, I can shoot over tomorrow or when ever you can help.

Your’e probally gonna end up at the dealer to have the comp flashed/updated.
I dont know for sure but i dont think independants shops have the capabilities.

I spoke to an independant shop tonite, and he said if the computer needs flashing, the car wouldn’t run. It does run, so maybe it’s doesn’t need to be flashed.

If u dont do the driving cycle correclty (hell, even if u DO do it correctly it still doesnt work every time). I’d guess u just need to put some miles on it.
I’ve heard it takes some cars like 500mi. for the readiness monitors to start reading again. Kind of a pain in the ass.

I did the drive cycle correctly. I was able to drive until I had only 2 monitors incomplete. The state passed it. There is something else up, because when I got it back to her house, I shut it off and scanned it again. It showed 5 imcomplete monitors again, so for some reason, the computer is clearing some completed monitors when you shut it off.