PA Inspection Question.

Do inspection stations check for readiness monitors? I have no CEL’s and every monitor minus the catalyst is complete.

Thanks,
Sean

everything has to be complete, i do believe

IIRC, the compy will still be reading P1000 if all the drive-time monitors are not complete, and that was grounds for fail conditions last I checked.

yes it has to be complete and ready. if not ready keep driving. typically put about 100 miles on and the car should be ready for testing

I thought it was 50 miles to clear the readiness checks, but maybe it differs car to car.

The triggers for the different tests are different, there are documents online that show what the procedure to get the GM readiness tests to run.

http://www.obdii.com/obdii.html

There’s the link to the OBDII homepage sponsored by ScanTool (makers of AutoTap).

BTW, P1000 is the Ford specific code from what I’m reading. Back in the days when I had an F150 I got pretty good at memorizing these codes.

No codes are on, I just used my ODBII scanner to check for readiness monitors. Guess I need to take another trip on the highway to get some more mileage.

what car? 01+ you are allowed 1 monitor not complete. 96-00 you are allowed 2 monitors not complete. It’s mainly because the evap monitor will not run below a certain temp and people emissions testing in the winter could never get it to run. and then that leads to why you have to gas cap test, since the enhanced evap system checks the integrity of the gas cap

a P1000 is not grounds for failure

i actually got a 99 cougar with bad cats to pass because i managed to get it on the machine before the cat monitor completed

It definitly differs between cars, and usually between systems. Usually the egr stuff takes the longest, then evap, then all the rest…

2000 Hyundai Elantra. Everything else seems to be fine. Its just the damn catalyst monitor.

it’ll pass without it