how to pass emission with no cat ??

well basically i gutted my cat and my check engine light comes on but if i disconnect the battery it usually takes a few weeks of driving back and forth from work which is about 15 miles each way… so if i disconnect the battery and drive to the inspection station that is about 5 miles from my house and the light dont come on will it pass emission inspection??

if you disconnect the battery then drive to the inspection station you will have an INC on your IM Readiness. if you have more then 3 you wont pass emissions

Thats an easy one… Find someone to pay a buch of money for illegal stickers or buy a fucking CAT you polluter!

here’s the trick. if your car is 2000 or older, you can have up to 2 items not completed on the readiness check. if 2001 and newer you can have only 1. usually EVAP and catalyst are the last 2 to complete. if you’re 2000 and older, drive the car 5-10 miles and give it a try.

How about an 02 simulator (electric or mechanical) for the rear 02 sensor? They’re usually not very expensive and will guarantee no CEL.

you prob freed up alot of horsepower by gutting the cat on an 4banger s10

:smiley:

How about just getting a new cat?

typically you need about 100 miles or so for drive cycle to be complete. if you say light stays out for a couple weeks then reset it and drive for few days and take it in. should be fine. but if you take it after 5 miles the readiness monitors will not be complete and fail.

put a cat on it and then no worries

i was looking into buying one but cant find one. were can i get it?

lol.

you probably should have thought about that before you gutted it. do you have a 3800 in your impala?

that isn’t really a trick. the evap monitor typically doesn’t run when it’s cold out so people who have emissions testing in the winter months won’t have evap complete if they’ve recently cleared codes.

neonracer i’m not sure who watches these boards but they are public. i would never mention anything like that

get an O2 sim. they are like $25. they worked fine on my GTP

were did you get it? its a 3800 also

wbody.org i think

http://www.3800performance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=O2-EMU&Category_Code=EB&Product_Count=14

might wanna email them, i haven’t bought from these guys in several years. none of the common vendors show O2 sims anymore

i know casper electonics got shut down due to selling the sims. think you have to find leftover ones

build it

http://www.bobblick.com/techref/projects/o2sensor/o2sim/o2sim.html

the way that guy has that one designed is for the upstream sensor