inspection question

ok so this is a favor for my friend, he has a 2000 dodge neon and needs an inspection, he has a CEL though for O2 sensors because he has no cat, (its there but was hallowed out and piped through) is he screwed or can someone pass him, the car is completely stock

For anyone who wishes to not get their shop closed down, keep in mind that anyone can sign up for this forum and Buffalo is not a big place.

:cough:pm’s:cough:

That Mr. Fry he’s a funny guy.

why the hell does have a gutted cat on a neon lol

when does he need the inspection done by? will my integra cat fit?

2000 is OBD 2, so even with hookup how would they scan it? I guess the shop would have to reset and drive the car just enough to get to ready state, then scan it before the CEL comes on.

Won’t happen catalyst Is checked early in drive cycles. Stop being poor buy a cat.

This is a step by step fix for the o2 sensor throwing a CEL on pretty much every car.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1841240

:tup:

Since it’s a 2000 i think you can have one or two items “not ready” so if you just defeat the CEL, you don’t need to wait for readiness… But it’s a mopar POS so it probably fails all sorts of readiness monitors.

Slightly OT

If you have a CEL on, is it an auto fail?

For instance, you can use a 00-01 type-R ecu to run an obd2 swap, but you need to disable the immobilizer in the computer. the computer runs fine, but throws a CEL…gg right?

true but if he erases the code all monitors are reset and he will have to do a drive cycle and the catyalst code will come back and monitor wont be completed… like mentioned earlier its early in the drive cycle. Best bet is to just get one or a simulator

just take the bulb out.

it dosent matter it still wont pass emissions

i know. my bad attempt at being funny

cats are expensive. i would try that honda-tech link.

or neons are all over the junk yard… go cut one off and put it on… that easy

dude cats get like 50 bucks a piece. i would be surprised to see one at a jy, as they could snatch every one and bring it to a metal yard and cash in.

true that true that. well… do the thug thing go cut one off in a drive way… no balls

yeah u wont find any cats at a junkyard

u can have mine for 50$ in 2weeks, cuz im getting a siqqq exhaust

Junk yards cut all the cats off the cars before they place them in the lot.

was not aware of that

The junkyards arnt even suppost to sell them.I guess its not legal.