Not another inspection Question.

Promise this one is different. Send me a pm if you do them… Not looking for a hookup or somewhere to get one. Just have a question for you inspectors.

Post them you pussy

I could not find the beerfest picture that I wanted to go with this so…

God damn peer pressure…

lol, i have a e46 without catalytic converters, Going to flash my DME with a Euro software. That will delete all post cat O2 monitors. They wont show Not Ready. They will show N/A like cars without SAP or EGR. Since i wont have a SES light or monitors not ready, will the machine pass me or instant fail for the post O2’s being NA. Iv got way to many mixed reviews online to know if this works. Some say they passed others say its impossible to pass this way

Even a lot of the inspectors wont know the answer to this unless they have tried. I have looked into this in the past and what I was led to believe is that the software needs to “trick” the inspection computer by showing an ok status.

not sure on the computer part, but unless youve got someone committing a felon for you, you fail the visual part of the inspection for the converters.

Some people say being NA is tricking it. I have o2 sims also to try but those are trial and error too

It’s prou will have 1 not ready so you will pass. However cats are a physical inspection item as well.

being a E46 the cats are located in the headers, havent seen to many guys sticking there head down into the bay to verify they are tucked up next to the motor.

• Updated - - -

they wont show Not Ready. Will show NA. We are only talking plug in here. leave visual out of this.

Regardless it will show pass I know a guy who deletes monitors on euro cars with zero problems

So say i flash this tomorrow. Try to get inspected and fail. what happens bc my inspection isnt up till Feb?

Nothing you pAy 21. You can only scrape past due stickers

ok wanted to make sure they didnt take my valid sticker.

shit if your inspection is not up just play a trial and error game. worst case you spend a couple bucks getting it right.

Thats what ill be trying. Best outcome EU2 passes computer check. If not next comes O2 sims, if that does not work ill attempt spark plug defolwers. Then if nothing ill have a cat welded into the actual pipe after the headers and install my o2’s. Or replace the headers with the stockers every year. But i don’t want to do that.

why not inspect it first and then flash it? i know it’s good until Feb, but at least you buy yourself another year to tinker with it. If the shop raises eyebrows just tell them you want a fresh inspection on it because you’re giving the car to your daughter or something.

A lot of OBDII scanners/scanning software can check to see if all the readiness monitors are set.

On GM cars you can leave the SES enabled but have it not report and all monitors will set readiness during key on.

Have you tried a car specific forum you’re not reinventing the wheel this is a topic that comes up very often on every car forum.

Make sure they understand this and don’t just scrape it automatically.

Yes. Iv tried on e46fanatics. Like I said different people are saying it works or no way. Not to many people are playing around with Euro software.

• Updated - - -

Norb iv had headers on the car for a few months now. So need to find a solid way by feb for a legit sticker.

This isn’t some black art or magic

Find someone with a generic OBDII scanner that has the ability to check readiness

The o2 spacers have always worked for me if for some reason it fails
I can’t help with anything else