Need help with my 7800

I got a Nvidia 7800 with my inspiron 9400 and its been great. I play alot of Counter-stirke source, Day of defeat source, HL2 and WoW. Within the last like 3 weeks, its been making all these green and purple blotches and crazy texture patterns. I dont have a clue on what it is or how to fix it. Look at these screenshots and tell me what you think. Thanks!

Download/replace your drivers.

Is that something easy to do? Can I just dl and open them over the existing ones, or should I remove them first then dl them?

go to device manager, uninstall the old drivers, then go online and download/install the new ones (or reinstall whatever is the latest greatest).

Yeah just revert back to the windows defaults, it won’t harm them and will allow you to reinstall updated ones

overclocking the card? if not the drivers… i see that from heat pretty often.

:word: to Vile

Proper term if/when you call dell tech support is “artifacting” .If getting new drivers doesnt help,I’d ask dell for replacement video card.

Update to the newest drivers from nvidia.com,they have a built in temperature montior.

-If you are overclocking any part of the computer (CPU, bus, GPU, GPU memory), set it to factory
-Reinstall drivers with newest ones
-Check to make sure the card isn’t over-heating. (Ex. Slow/stuck fan, dust clogging)
-Reseat the card in the computer

If none of these solve the problem call Dell most likely a faulty video-card at that point that will need to be replaced.

I have all my drivers currently all uninstalled and none are re-installing! It keeps saying my computer doesn’t support it when its the exact driver it says. Any advice?

bite the bullet and call Dell support or you can format c: and put XP back on.

Just finished with Dell support for the past two days. They have diagnosed my graphics card is bad and since it’s all intergrated on my laptop, they are sending a tech. to install a entire new motherboard. Yay for customer service.

Thanks for all the help.

ahh… didnt catch the inspiron part… yeah… on the laptop… it’s most likely toasted from the heat. goto bestbuy… spend $20-30 and get a cooling pad the laptop.

my first reaction Every time i see this thread title is ‘atari?’