Need Help With Water

So I had the water tested at my new house on Friday. The test came back with Fecal Coliforms and E.Coli… Does anyone know if they make a system to take that out of the drinking water for the whole house. I was thinking something alone the lines of a Reverse Osmosis system but not take out salt I need it to take out poop if you will… I know they have to have something and if anyone works in a place to buy them if they can hook me up with a good price.

thanks for the help

yeah move out of the trailor park :slight_smile:

but seriously, reverse osmosis would work

Ultraviolet will kill a lot. To be safe you need more then just filtration when it comes bacteria.

ahh if it was even close to a park even you would have something …

but with the osmosis all the info i find says it takes out (Filters out sediment, chlorine taste and odor, lead, cysts, chemicals and total dissolved solids) nothign really about the poop idea … could i just need to do a better treatment of bleach?

get a pur for the faucet change the filter often

and then what about the rest of the house :gotme:

would a plumber know? or do they not really do the clean water stuff but more the mechanical part of it

I assume you have well water and a septic tank/leach bed. Is your septic tank full? Is the well under or near the leach bed? I’d try to figure out the cause of having shit in your water. Carbon based filters, ultraviolet light and reverse osmosis will kill all of that.

EDIT: Also a leaking septic tank can also cause the problems you have.

you could get a big purifyer that you have to like dump salt and cleaners and shit but really do you want to substitute chemicals for fecal matter

i think plumbers just have asscrack the guy who doesent have the huge asscrack is the man you want to see

again, seriously i cant think of a company off hand why dont you just look under purification or like water or something in the yellow pages get an answer maybe a quote

new septic tank put in a week ago the old one was not used for 4 years so it was dry… the well is under the house and is 400 feet away from the house the pipe to the tank it also new …the leach bed dumps about 500 feet away from the house and is down hill… the only problem i have come to is how to get the bleach into the well it self to treat it… if i take off the pipe from the ground to the pump the water just comes right up and out the pipe i cant get anything down there :gotme: i tryed putting it around the pipe on the outside of it but the well is about 100 ft down and dont think it got anywhere close to it

If you want to get bleach in to the well just pour it down the well casing. That pipe goes from the ground strait to the water in the well.

Also, what about farmers in the area? Have any fields next to the house that they spread? Some how the well water is getting contaminated.

i dont have that kind of well… i have a driven well right under the house there is no whole outside that i can take a cover off and treat it that way …ill get pic up tomorrow about what it looks like

and yes there are farmers in the area and they do spread but the health dept passed the well 5 years ago when it was bought last time that fam only lived there for about 7 months and it has been empty for 4 years …

If thats the case then you will have to set up some type of filter system after the water enters the house.

Good luck man, you can always boil water for the time being if need be.

research culligan water systems, they will come to your house and test the water again and then recommend a solution.

yea the boil water thing will need to be done …i dont live in the house yet but am like a week away

i think this problem is bigger then a filter. You have man made contamination of your well. That is a pretty BIG damn problem. You MUST find the source of the contaminaion and repair it.

If you didn’t close on this house yet, DONT. It is their responsibility to fix this.

http://www.doh.wa.gov/ehp/dw/Programs/coliform.htm

i bought a forclosure so i have to fix it

and also catt county does not requrie safe drinking water to close on a forclosure house

just got off the phone with the health dept and they think i just really need to get bleach down in the well b/c the amt. that i had was 2150 and sanitary code is 2000 …:gotme: i have no idea