Need Homeowners Insurance Suggestions

I bought an upper/lower double in north buffalo. I am looking to get homeowners insurance, as I am closing on the property at the end of August. If anyone has had any positive or negative experiences with their current homeowners insurance policy/carrier, please post them up.

My plan was to call some of the bigger names (Geico, State Farm, Metlife), but I was hoping to get some more hands on stories from people with more experience with myself. Any input will help. Thanks in advance.

Sam

Do yourself a favor dont call Liberty Mutual.

dryden mutual…? they covered all the stuff that was stolen out of my car… minus the stereo and car related equipment… cost is under 500 a year…

thanks guys, that helps…

pauly - what happened with liberty mutual?

all state > *

fucking word. i purchased a deluxe policy from them 3/26, and then had a ~100k claim 6 weeks later, not a single problem.

wow… i will put them to the top of my list… :tup:

more story plz

Farmers sucks.

I switched to All State after doing some research and finding almost nothing but positive reviews. No claims yet, but the agent I met with was great about going over exactly what I needed.

^ I honestly can’t make a reasonable complaint… about anything that they’ve handled in my claim; the price; or the 5 people I’ve dealt with (local & by phone) in the last 3 months.

DONT PUT CIGARETTES OUT IN PLANTER POTS.

he posted a thread someplace in OT

AMICA has been great for me. They sent a check out ASAP when my basement flooded. Whoever you get make sure you get replacement value.

My uncles own/run their own insurance agency. They’ve been in the business for 20+ years. They’re good people, I trust what they tell me. I’m with Erie & Niagara.

allstate in op cost me like 312 for the year there not bad

What are the premiums for Allstate like?

i dont rember but they were reasonable on everything that i looked at

State Farm>*
Read this thread…
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34924

word, my rents have it… we burned down 1/3 of my house they took awsome care of it all. they even reimbersed me the extra gas I spent driving from the temp house to school. thye had everything in the house cleaned/Dry cleaned.
just awsome.

I got State Farm, never had an issue.

I have State Farm, no problems. FWIW, lay down the law on Renters, make sure you tell em the rent is due ON TIME, my buddy has 2 duplexes and gets screwed every month!