Who is your home owners insurance with and did it go up this year???!!!

So I just got my bill for the next year with Liberty Mutual and it jumped $85 from last year:tdown:
I called and they said everyones went up (all companies) due to some NYS new tax BS:tdown::tdown::tdown:

Anyone else jump recently?

Liberty Mutual, mine went from 440 to 495 this year :bigtdown:

Nationwide actually went down!

rly^?

Before I sold my house I had gotten the renewal bill… went up >$200; Allstate.

Haven’t gotten mine from Allstate yet, I am at 800ish area, last years renewal went up 200ish because I ditched there car insurance.

I might look at Metlife for Auto and Car since I get a group discount for Blue Cross employee’s

Wow, I just called Nationwide at they put me at $950 a yr. Liberty has me at $625.
It so BS too (IMO). My house is probably worth 115k-125k in this market, yet they have to insure me for $225k because thats what they think it will cost to rebuild. On top of that the insure all the stuff in my house (TV, appliances, furniture, etc) for 150k. I told the person on the phone “theres no way possible that the items I have in my house is actually worth that much…My house itself isn’t even worth that”. Person came back and said, “well sir its a % of the 225k. We cant change it…but we can increase it for you if you like?”
Im thinking…did you not just hear me, why in the world would i want to increase it!!!

I have mine with fidelity. $502 renewal in october, went up about $20 from last year.

So take everything out, blow it up, collect 350k, win? That is until you buy a 350k house and have to insure it for 600 :roflpicard:

hahahaha

Total replacement cost including clean up is what the insurance is for. So when the house burns to the ground, you can rebuild it in the same spot, except to todays standards and code.

this.

I sell home insurance. people seem to have a really tough time understanding that the cost to rebuild a house is something totally different than what they think it’s worth. market value for homes sucks, which is why insurance is to rebuild the home, not just to pay off your mortgage when it’s a total loss.

Mine went up from 365 to 500. USAA.

Traveler’s wanted to jack my insurance by over 200 dollars, I canceled them and bought a policy with liberty mutual for 300 dollars less than what travelers wanted. I’m at $590/year now with liberty. Prices for the exact same insurance vary wildly. I was getting quotes from 590 all the way up to like 1100 bucks for a year.

Schunke Insurance in West Seneca for 7 years now…cheaper than any chain that I’ve compared them to.

Mine went down $100, its around ~$430 through Liberty Mutual with a $300k replacement value. Make sure you are getting all the discounts and credits that are available for you, call and check it will save you.

I’m though Homesite insurance and it is DIRT cheap. I pay something like $220 a year. Hasn’t gone up in the 5 or 6 years I’ve had it

Peggy from USA prime credit got me a really great deal and a percentage goes to points that I can use to get stuff for free.

I use Fidelity and I started off in 2009 at $900…this years is up to $1450. I need to shop around.

don’t think I saw this in here yet but it’s a classic for companies to creep up their rates just because people are normally too lazy to shop around. It always pays to check around if they want to raise your rate.